Laptops under HKD7000

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Laptops under HKD7000

I'm looking to get a new laptop. But I've got a budget of under 7K. Does anyone have any recommendations? If need be, my budget can go up to 8K. Thanks

in an underground bunker at an undisclosed location

With or without DVD writer?

Fortress has an IBM Thinkpad R60e for ~$5000 with Vista Basic, it runs Ubuntu well too.

I have a badass Dell 9400 that retailed for over $20,000 brand new, but the external quality sucks. The INSPIRON logo came off in a few weeks, and the white trim is scratched up. The silver finish is also coming off in parts. I'm a very heavy computer user though.

Get yourself a Fujitsu if you want something light, reliable and powerful.

Hi sunniefaith,

Best place will be in the Golden Centre in Sham Shui Po, MTR Exit D. Don't go in the entrance at the corner, walk round the side and go up the stairs past Coxell to the 1/F.

Up here you have tons of shops selling new and 2nd hand notebooks. I shop there regularly and know some ppl if you wanna squeeze them some more for discounts or freebies, just contact me.

For $7K, you can get a pretty good spec these days. Even the budget ones now have internal DVDRWs !!

Good, quality brands to go for are HP/Compaq, Toshiba, Dell (as Jay said-online only) and Fujitsu.

Would try to stay away from Vista if at all possible (as it totally sucks!), altho MS are pushing out Vista builds pretty strongly. You are better with XP Pro atm, however if you don't have it you can always create a backup of the current OS and then fresh install XP Pro onto it, or make a dual boot.

morlich,

Can you recommend some shops? I've heard not very good things about Sam Shui Po and me being a bimbo at such things, don't want to be duped. Thanks!

2nd hand Mac- there, I said it.

Oh no....no Macs! Me too bimbo for them!

If you are not going to travel a lot with your laptop go for a dell.. highest spec for what you will spend but the externals can feel less sleak when compared to other brands. Perfect for home use, desktop replacement.

The other option is a Lenovo (they are running a lot of promotions... check them out in Wanchai computer center).

Going to pop by Wanchai Computer Centre or Sham Shui Po later. Thanks Krypton

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast