Netivgator POP settings?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Netivgator POP settings?

We have a business account with netvigator and are told that we can not use anything but the follwing POP settings to send and receive emails:

incoming - corppop.netvigator.com
    outgoing - corpmail1.netvigator.com

I am also told that it is impossible to access the netvigator services while in china to send emails. All of this is bull donkey.

I have discovered that if you use "incoming - pop.netvigator.com" you can then actually receive emails anywhere you go.

I have yet to find a successful outgoing setting to allow me to send mail easily. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Does anyone know a good setting (such as port, SSL, server, etc) to allow this?

Try this ..

http://cs.netvigator.com/smtp/

Instructions 10-12

that doesnt show anything but username / password which I got.

im looking for port or SSL or other settings that will allow you to connect from another network to send thru netvigator account.

if i put in smtp settings for gmail or yahoo....then the mail shows up at recipient as coming from my gmail or yahoo account....which i dont want. i only want the recipient to see my netvigator account.

It seems to me that steps 10-12 of the link KIA gave do show what you need to do to configure outlook to access Netvigator's SMTP server when connected to another network. Go have another look.

Yeah, use the same [email protected] address and use that SMTP setting to connect from your ISP when you're travelling or not using netvigator.

sorry...i guess i read it too fast and thought it was the same stuff that i had before.
    i will test it out next time in china and let you know how it works.

thanks.

btw...is there any port override?

ok...so something still aint right.
    My colleague is able to connect using the same settings on his PC laptop...but entourage on my MacBook Pro aint working.

here is what i have, which works in HK, but has issues in China (sometimes can download, sometimes cant download, sometimes can send, sometimes cant send)

Incoming:
    gmail address
    gmail password
    pop.gmail.com
    SSL connection, port 995

Outgoing:
    smtp.netvigator.com
    require authentication
    netvigator username
    netvigator password

note we went thru some issues setting up as well. for some reason we had signed up for the 'upgraded' email service which actually requires us to put in "ndsmtp.netvigator.com" as outgoing server. no where on the help section does this appear and we didn't get this info until we called them... so pissed.

Quote Originally Posted by BenderBends:
    Incoming: gmail
    Outgoing: netvigator (consumer)
    You're randomly putting in anything? This is completely different from your original post.

Quote Originally Posted by KnowItAll:
    Try this ..

http://cs.netvigator.com/smtp/

Instructions 10-12
    It's like they're trying to confuse everyone, so lazy and inept, at least they bothered with screenshots.
    Quote Originally Posted by netvigator:
    In the" Incoming mail ((Pop3, IMAP or HTTP) server" field, enter pop.yahxxx.com and in the "Outgoing mail (SMTP) server" field, enter smtp.netvigator.com, click "Next"
    Last edited by MrMoo; 29-08-2007 at 07:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MrMoo:
    You're randomly putting in anything?
    no im not randomly adding things.
    netvigator is overpriced for the size box. in order to best combat the amount of space i need ... i have all emails sent to my work address (netvigator) and auto forwarded to gmail (or yahoo). the email is then deleted in netvigator...and i keep my costs down and prevent from rejected emails.

so i want to set it up so that i can receive email from gmail (or yahoo) and send through netvigator...all in one account. I have done this a long time ago...and then i changed comps....and now it dont work.

it works fine in HK at home and office...but not in china. in China i can not download from any account, and can not send from any account.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast