Like Tree16Likes

I've only gone and done it

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by vinyljunky
    Hand made in Japan, number 287 of 400 assembled. It's a beauty, took it for a spin this weekend and waiting for the results to develop.
    waiting for the results to develop... LOL! You do realise that they invented something called digital cameras some time ago, so you can just put something called a memory card in your something called computer and voila!

In what century are you living?

Quote Originally Posted by jacky_se
    waiting for the results to develop... LOL! You do realise that they invented something called digital cameras some time ago, so you can just put something called a memory card in your something called computer and voila!

In what century are you living?
    And we all know about ipods, CDs and whatnot but doesn't stop some people from using vinyls! There is definitely a different quality to film that digital cannot reproduce.
    Most people can point and shoot with a fancy digital camera and come out with an alright shot but film takes more skill and experience. Maybe VJ is a arty farty type!
    Last edited by SiuMaiTaiTai; 15-08-2011 at 04:18 PM.
    vinyljunky likes this.

VJ is that a perar? I dont know too much about leica optics, but if it is, that is an amazing lens!!

Oh and Smtt, i salute you.

Ah, crap, you must be one of those 100 folks who land up in Hong Kong park on weekends with their fancy-shmancy cameras and click a thousand pictures of the fish and turtles. I must sound like a crazy to you, but I keep thinking : why duplicate the effort? Can't just one of you take the pics and post the link to the other 99, who can then actually enjoy being in the park on a weekend?!

Funny cameraman poses :
    http://ds41ntx.blogspot.com/2009/06/...men-poses.html

Muckycat

Is the lens for helping you to admire SS from afar?

HongKongFoot and luckycat like this.

Quote Originally Posted by luckycat
    VJ is that a perar? I dont know too much about leica optics, but if it is, that is an amazing lens!!
    Yup, more information is on MS Optical Super Triplet Perar 3.5/35 | japan exposures

(Japan Exposures is a great site for camera gear, btw. Not a p0rn site as I originally thought )

Quote Originally Posted by jacky_se
    so you can just put something called a memory card in your something called computer and voila!
    Well, as far as I'm concerned, you can put your something in your something!

Each film/lens has it's own character which you can't replicate digitally. And I'm not an arty-farty type (whatever that may be), just a purist.
    luckycat likes this.

Jacky, the camera I use the most is a mamiya C330. Combine this with a good quality film and you have a quality and tone of photo unmatched by any consumer DSLR. It really is a magical experience.

What happens when they stop making film which is in about +/-5 years? Isnt this a diminished return?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast