Like Tree16Likes

I've only gone and done it

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

HKF, the new range of micro 4/3s lenses by complete accident have created compatibility for these lenses with digital bodies. This is why the price of these (already expensive) lenses are skyrocketing.

I use a lot of flashbulbs. It is easy enough to still buy these and manufacturing stopped in the early 70s I believe.

Im sure finding Elvis and Barry Manilow on 33/45 isnt hard at all. The new Vinyl isnt what it used to be, people just dont realize.

Recording studios switched to digital mastering to record the initial tracks, in the past they were recorded analog then analog (Tape/Records), then came digital format and if you look at an old CD it will show AAD means Analog to Analog to Digital.

Now, all major recording studios switched to Digital mastering, so what you will be getting on a 33/45 is a Digital to Digital to Analog master.

Quote Originally Posted by Brown_By_Nature:
    They said that about Vinyl years ago, but it is still available.

If there is a market, there will always be supply.

Quote Originally Posted by HongKongFoot:
    Im sure finding Elvis and Barry Manilow on 33/45 isnt hard at all. The new Vinyl isnt what it used to be, people just dont realize.

Recording studios switched to digital mastering to record the initial tracks, in the past they were recorded analog then analog (Tape/Records), then came digital format and if you look at an old CD it will show AAD means Analog to Analog to Digital.

Now, all major recording studios switched to Digital mastering, so what you will be getting on a 33/45 is a Digital to Digital to Analog master.
    That's true for the majority of new recordings, but there are still quite a few studios that still do pure analog mastering (Jack White's Third Man Records, for one).

I don't think that they'll ever stop producing film, there's a niche market that will continue to use only film and nothing else. What might happen, however, is that film and developing will get more expensive. Hard to predict, but the Lomography revival has kicked off an interest amongst the younger generation as well so I doubt we'll be seeing the end of film for a while.
    luckycat likes this.

LC, it appears that you've been playing with that new lens of yours!

Monkey steals camera to snap himself - Telegraph

It has just arrived.

It is more beautiful than all the stars in the sky

Quote Originally Posted by HongKongFoot:
    What happens when they stop making film which is in about +/-5 years? Isnt this a diminished return?
    Then Muckycat will resort to his tried and trusted Box Brownie Camera

I do have a number of Brownies! But they all take film Jumbo?

Quote Originally Posted by luckycat:
    It has just arrived.

It is more beautiful than all the stars in the sky
    Didn't you try that line on SS?

Quote Originally Posted by luckycat:
    I do have a number of Brownies! But they all take film Jumbo?
    Eurgh I was thinking of pinhole cameras dating back centuries.
    I'm hungover so please excuse me

Ok so I have in my possession right now:

1. Olympus E410 DSLR; and
    2. Olympus OM (4/3s) body to exakta lens mount adapter.

At home I have:

1. Zeiss Biotar 75mm.

Olympus E410 + adapter + Zeiss Biotar = golden rays of pure happiness and perfection wrapped up in a sandwich of love and tenderness served with a side portion of pure ecstacy.

I can't wait to connect all three together. It will be a most magical moment.