Like Tree16Likes

I've only gone and done it

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Ok so I have in my possession right now:

1. Olympus E410 DSLR; and
    2. Olympus OM (4/3s) body to exakta lens mount adapter.

At home I have:

1. Zeiss Biotar 75mm.

Olympus E410 + adapter + Zeiss Biotar = golden rays of pure happiness and perfection wrapped up in a sandwich of love and tenderness served with a side portion of pure ecstacy.

I can't wait to connect all three together. It will be a most magical moment.

LC

Can u tell me from where u bought the lens and if it is compatible with Nikon DSLR Cameras 300s?

Thanks

Neha

I got mine from an enthusiast in Germany.

No - you can't use an adapter on Nikons to connect this lens. The end of the body is too far away from the sensor. However, I had a quick look on ebay and saw this. Someone has completely modified the optics and is asking for quite a lot of money for it. I don't agree with modifying (especially vintage) lenses though - but if you're less purist, this is an opion.

thanks luckycat

Ah, the lens is so beautiful. I have taken some amazing shots already and the bokeh really whips around. An almost ethereal feel to it. I will have to take some which don't include my Mrs and I will post some up.

Quote Originally Posted by luckycat
    I will have to take some which don't include my Mrs and I will post some up.
    I'm sure Satay Sue won't mind if you post some pics of her
    luckycat likes this.

Mat

Quote Originally Posted by luckycat
    Ah, the lens is so beautiful. I have taken some amazing shots already and the bokeh really whips around. An almost ethereal feel to it.
    and in 6 months there will be an even better one on the market that u will want!
    ah technology and advertisment!
    TheBrit likes this.

Mat, The Brit, do you even know what I have bought?

The technology for lenses has not really changed (other than for materials and electronics) since 1952 - the date of manufacture of the lens. This is an old lens, though not older than either of you two

Well done though for looking like planks who don't know what they're talking about!

I liked it because I knew Mat would successfully wind you up with that comment

Well done for looking like a plank!

Ah, yes, said with your 20/20 hindsight ;-) of course, Dear TB, of course!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast