Like Tree1Likes

Steve Jobs Resigns as Apple CEO

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

The Lisa is one of the Apple computers I used at home while studying uni. It was huge, heavy and noisy with a wonderful 'whirl' about it. It was already a number of years old when I was using it.

And at Uni we had the Macintosh in the early 90s. It was a great computer actually.

Quote Originally Posted by Boris
    But Dr Dre has just stuck it to them. 4K+ for his cans and you see a LOT of them on the MTR.
    Not really since the majority of those are fakes from Shenzhen.
    Look at the people wearing them, They don't look the type to spend that much money on headphones.

Majority of the IPhone users in HK stick with the standard headphones which are pretty crap to be honest.

Fakes in HK ???? Really???? I am shocked.
    You will be telling me all those Iphone I see are fakes as well.

At least my Iphone 5 I got this week in SSP was real. The man told me so.

Last edited by Boris; 25-08-2011 at 12:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by virago
    The Lisa is one of the Apple computers I used at home while studying uni. It was huge, heavy and noisy with a wonderful 'whirl' about it. It was already a number of years old when I was using it.

And at Uni we had the Macintosh in the early 90s. It was a great computer actually.

My real interest in computers began with a Macintosh at Uni but I nearly abandoned the 'stupid' things when it converted 'Scarborough' to 'Scarab' in the first letter I ever word processed!! Within weeks I wanted to know how they worked and how I could tinker so I switched to PC almost immediately and never looked back going on to study Computer Science at Edith Cowan University in Bunbury, Western Australia.

We had mostly PCs and I must admit, while I enjoyed tinkering with computers in those days, the Macs, never required tinkering with because they just worked, and worked..

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo
    Not really since the majority of those are fakes from Shenzhen.
    Look at the people wearing them, They don't look the type to spend that much money on headphones.

Majority of the IPhone users in HK stick with the standard headphones which are pretty crap to be honest.
    You're probably right to a degree but I am often surprised at the percentage of income local people are willing to fork out on gadgets. I know people who have incomes of less than 10k who have iphones and ipads, DSLR cameras, etc. The clothes are fake, the software pirated and they eat soup for dinner and pay a few hundred dollars a month rent!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2