Like Tree1Likes

Steve Jobs Resigns as Apple CEO

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Steve Jobs Resigns as Apple CEO

Steve Jobs Resigns as Apple CEO, Will Stay On As Chairman, Tim Cook New CEO - Mac Rumors

To the Apple Board of Directors and the Apple Community:

I have always said if there ever came a day when I could no longer meet my duties and expectations as Apples CEO, I would be the first to let you know. Unfortunately, that day has come.

I hereby resign as CEO of Apple. I would like to serve, if the Board sees fit, as Chairman of the Board, director and Apple employee.

As far as my successor goes, I strongly recommend that we execute our succession plan and name Tim Cook as CEO of Apple.

I believe Apples brightest and most innovative days are ahead of it. And I look forward to watching and contributing to its success in a new role.

I have made some of the best friends of my life at Apple, and I thank you all for the many years of being able to work alongside you.

Steve

Wish him well with his cancer but it does not look good. Wonder what will happen to the share price today?

After hours trading already close to 5% down.

Quote Originally Posted by emx
    After hours trading already close to 5% down.
    Because no-one saw this coming ...
    +1 for the rational market theory!

It's really sad. I do hope he will continue to live a long life but I suspect this will sadly not be the case.

Let's see how the company does without him. Over time it may lose it's way ...

I just love the last paragraph is Apples BoD release when appointing the new CEO.

"Apple designs Macs, the best personal computers in the world, along with OS X, iLife, iWork and professional software. Apple leads the digital music revolution with its iPods and iTunes online store. Apple has reinvented the mobile phone with its revolutionary iPhone and App Store, and has recently introduced iPad 2 which is defining the future of mobile media and computing devices."

Are all their offices at the end of Dorothy's yellow brick road. It sounds like nirvana.

IPods - our overpriced version of MP3
    ITunes - Pay us or F**k off
    "the best personal computers in the world" -- in your world maybe.

Apple has reinvented the mobile phone - really? They didn't make calls or connect to the internet before?

iPad 2 which is defining the future of mobile media and computing devices. Its as if we were dying of thirst in the digital desert until Apple saved us all.

Nirvana indeed.

Gatts likes this.

Boris - I'm not an apple fanboy by any stretch of the imagination, however, the people have spoken (with their wallets) and Apple apparently is the bees knees

Quote Originally Posted by Boris
    I just love the last paragraph is Apples BoD release when appointing the new CEO.

"Apple designs Macs, the best personal computers in the world, along with OS X, iLife, iWork and professional software. Apple leads the digital music revolution with its iPods and iTunes online store. Apple has reinvented the mobile phone with its revolutionary iPhone and App Store, and has recently introduced iPad 2 which is defining the future of mobile media and computing devices."

Are all their offices at the end of Dorothy's yellow brick road. It sounds like nirvana.

IPods - our overpriced version of MP3
    ITunes - Pay us or F**k off
    "the best personal computers in the world" -- in your world maybe.

Apple has reinvented the mobile phone - really? They didn't make calls or connect to the internet before?

iPad 2 which is defining the future of mobile media and computing devices. Its as if we were dying of thirst in the digital desert until Apple saved us all.

Nirvana indeed.
    You forgot that they completetly revolutionised the headphone market by making them... white.

Quote Originally Posted by robertlempriere
    Boris - I'm not an apple fanboy by any stretch of the imagination, however, the people have spoken (with their wallets) and Apple apparently is the bees knees
    Do sheep have wallets? Where are their pockets?

Quote Originally Posted by jgl
    You forgot that they completetly revolutionised the headphone market by making them... white.
    But Dr Dre has just stuck it to them. 4K+ for his cans and you see a LOT of them on the MTR.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast