Clueless - computer related question - please help

Closed Thread

Unhappy Clueless - computer related question - please help

Hi all,
    Have bought a TOSHIBA laptop from Fortress as I am working from a home office in HK (head office in London).
    I can access my workplace email (it is https://owa.christianaid.org), no problem, but this computer will not allow me to reply for some reason. Whenever I hit reply then the person's email address will come into the window, plus the subject title, but then in the place where I would write my reply, then there is only a tiny box with a red cross in it, also it won't allow me to type any text into the section for reply. I am so sorry if this sounds really silly but it works fine on any other computer used at home. The only difference with this new laptop is that it has Windows Vista. Is this creating the problem and has anyone experienced this before? I have turned off protected mode for the internet zone as I thought may be it is some security thing. Do I need to install something else? Is there anyone who can help me? I just cant understand why it works with all other computers but not the new laptop that I have purchased especially for this purpose.
    Also, can you suggest some computer technician/company that could sort out the problem for a fee? I have a warranty from Fortress but I don't think they would cover this kind of problem..Thank you so much in advance.

download and install firefox from www.mozilla.com

Thank you...Scared of viruses and things as well would you be kind enough to explain how exactly the firefox will help and it it's a reliable site?
    Also, how do I install it - it gives me the options RUN or SAVE, which should I choose?
    Sorry for the bother. Thanks.

Buy a Mac.

It wouldn't be the same if I didn't say it.

Click on Run.

Generally Firefox is a safer browser and more compliant with standards, when compared to IE.

Even if you bought a Mac .. the recommended browser would be Firefox.

KIA has made a suggestion: Accept or Deny?

2 / 3 weeks ago, I face the similar problem with my Yahoo email account.

Yahoo asked my intention to upgrade the account but I rejected. After that, I can't reply mail but all others function work fine.

After on and off the computer for several time, the problem gone, no problem until now.

Did anyone face the similar problem before?

Did I have to install the firefox?

Just to say my problem is now sorted out with Firefox installation. Thank you for the kind advice!