Like Tree79Likes

Apple Visionary Steve Jobs Dies At 56

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

When Reagan was president, America had Johnny Cash, Bob Hope, and Steve Jobs. In Obama's America, no Cash, no Hope and no Jobs

(sorry)

Quote Originally Posted by luckycat:
    When Reagan was president, America had Johnny Cash, Bob Hope, and Steve Jobs. In Obama's America, no Cash, no Hope and no Jobs

(sorry)
    Wow, finally something cool to post on my Facebook wall. w00t

Jobs didnt end wars, didnt promote world peace, didnt find a cure for cancer or any disease, didnt support philantropy.

His products allowed for the continual enslavement of migrant workers in 3rd world countries and the support of oppressive regimes through use of their labor pools. The manufacturing of the I-Crap contaminates and poisons the workers and the earth with toxic chemicals so that future generations can enjoy the merits and benefits of toxic pollutants and their carcinogenic by-products.

Yet people weep for this one man, a man who didnt technically invent the I-Crap. It was Jon Rubenstein who created the Ipod and the secondary market around the I-Crap which makes more money for Apple than the I-Crap itself. Rubenstein had to convince Jobs that the Ipod was a good idea and even then Jobs was reluctant to sign off on it initially.

My question is this, thousands of people die everyday for no reason, where's your sympathy and bleeding hearts for them?

How about we mourn those who have actually made a contribution to man kind?

Gregor Mendel - Father of Genetics
    Jonas Salk - Polio Vaccine
    Watson and Crick - Discovery of the DNA Double Helix
    Faraday - Electricity

The above list is just a small sample of the list of people who have actually made a true contribution to mankind. Not some dude who headed a company which sold a glorified cell phone.

People have misplaced their values in what we deem as important and what we consider to be real contribution to man kind and not some wireless phone.

Gatts, Cwbguy and dear giant like this.

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4