8GB Memory Stick Pro Duo

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

8GB Memory Stick Pro Duo

Looking for 8GB memory stick pro duo cards. Found one but it sells for slightly more than twice the price of a 4GB. I would expect it to sell for less as with other multiples and types. Latest prices I have seen are HKD465 for a 4GB and HKD940 for an 8GB.

And Sony are selling the 8GB for more than HKD1100! I couldn't wait any longer and have bought a 4GB for HKD455.

that/s quite expensive! indeed!

I bought the 4gb one for only 280 HKD in SSP.

That has to be a fake. What is the formatted capacity and have you managed to write to that size or near it and do games load consistently OK from it? There are a lot of fake mspd cards on the market. HKD280 for a 4GB is about the same as the ebay fakes at USD30.

Quote Originally Posted by discobay
    That has to be a fake. What is the formatted capacity and have you managed to write to that size or near it and do games load consistently OK from it? There are a lot of fake mspd cards on the market. HKD280 for a 4GB is about the same as the ebay fakes at USD30.
    Confirmed, 4GB MS Pro Duos widely available in the low HKD300s; HKD280 not out of the question IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by techNOBUde
    I bought the 4gb one for only 280 HKD in SSP.
    OK, OK, tell me where in SSP!

I do not think it is fake.. u can buy the same stick also in forstress for 320HKD. and it is still cheap.

Some of the sticks are cheap since there have been put some advertisement on it.. but you can remove it easily.

On the basement in Sham Shui po, Golden Computer Center MTR EXit is named like that. U cannot miss it. There are a lot of shops. You can also bargain. If u buy it, always receive the invoice for warranty reason )

I think either I am a complete dunce or both of you have mistaken the memory stick pro duo for something else (or vice-versa). I can't believe that everywhere I have looked (including Fortress) has the 4GB at more than 450 and you have seen it at under 300!!!!! That's it I'm off to Fortress tonight.

OK it's confirmed Fortress sell the 1GB for 230, 2GB for 360 and most branches don't have the 4GB in stock. If they did then by my reckoning the 4GB would cost around 500. So your prices are complete nonsense. Whew now I feel better!

There are a lot of fakes around, so be careful where you buy it!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast