TP-Link wireless router TL-WR841N web based utility problem

TP-Link wireless router TL-WR841N web based utility problem

Hi. I hope someone can tell me an easy solution to my problem.

I've just bought a TP-Link wireless router. I've followed all the instructions with the cables etc. and then gone to 192.168.1.1 in Safari (yes, I have a Mac, and yes, that page works).

The page opens and displays the configuration page for the router.

Problem: It's all in Chinese. There is no button, to option, no way that I can see (and I can read about 600 characters) to change the language. There just doesn't seem to be an option.
    Question: HOW DO I CHANGE THE FRELLING PAGE TO ENGLISH?

I'm not good with modems and routers and whatever - normally I plug stuff in and my Mac does it for me. The instruction manual that came with the router (in English) does not support Mac. I don't really care. I've found pages through Google that will talk me through the set-up. All I want is the s0dding page in English.

Can ANYBODY shed some light on this? I've e-mailed TP-Link but for "24-hour" service they certainly take their time. No-one else seems to have this problem, as no-one else found by the Google search engine has asked about it.

Please, anyone - tell me the really simple trick that I've overlooked that will display the page in English. (Yes, I did try 192.168.1.1/language.html and variations on that theme, but none of them open, apparently because they don't exist.) If this happens with other sites, I just find the address and change the 'c' to an 'en', and it displays in English. Obviously I can't do this for this page.

Any help would really be appreciated. And stop my head from exploding.

Thanks!

I had exactly the same problem and spent way to long trying to figure it out.

I called the shop that sold it to me and they said if I brought it back to them, they would change language for me. Why that was not suggested at the time of sale still beats me.

In he end I asked a local mate to come over, and he changed language in a few minutes.

I do not think that there is a way for a non Cantonese reader to do this.

This was the main reason when I needed to upgrade I bought a Level One, which set up in minutes with no hassles at all.

bdw

It might not have an english option. But maybe you can download english firmware and flash it over the top and change everything to english. I have done this with a couple of netgear routers that I bought in Japan and were all in Japanese with no option for english. But I have no experience with TP-Link before.

I tried the firmware upgrade route with no success.

Was a serious pain in the ass!

A quick Google suggest that you need to change the firmware to the English version. Instructions here: http://camillelemouellic.blog.com/20...se-to-english/

Thanks - but still no joy

Thanks everyone for your replies - I went to the website and followed the instructions, and updated the firmware. The web based utility page did update - but now it's in Spanish.
    You can imagine my immediate and complete explosion of rage. I don't speak or read Spanish either, and can barely follow instructions in English for something as complicated as router set-ups.
    [attached image]

Now I have the router page open, the page in Spanish, and I still don't know what I'm supposed to do to get an IP address or in fact the damned thing to work, as I have no idea how to connect it to the real net and not just the router page.
    I might just give up and take it back to Wan Chai. If the bloke doesn't change it into English, I might burn the shop down.

I can't believe I've wasted an entire night Googling and fiddling, just to accomplish nothing. The whole point of using my own wireless router in the first place was to avoid the pathetic attempt by PCCW to keep me connected with their equipment.

Thanks for your help, everyone - you got me further than 'manual's, quick set-up guides and everyone else's recommendations put together. Oh, and TP-Link's '24-hour Customer Service' still haven't got back to me. Perhaps the whole of the ex-pat world is on to them, asking the same question.

Thanks! All your help is much appreciated.

doh! seems like you updated to a spanish firmware?

try the second option "passo a passo", should get you into "quick setup"
    that or download an eng firmware, good luck!

when I bought my router here, I made sure it was the english version

If the site had said it was Spanish firmware, I probably wouldn't have bothered downloading it in the first place. Ah well.
    Anyway - TP-Link finally got back to me last night and sent me firmware (not one I saw on their site. Odd). It worked, page is now in English... Now all I have to do is connect to the internet. I've done the quick set-up they recommend, and it's 'connected' and shows in the airport icon at the top of my screen, but I'm not connected to the internet because I have no IP address. I've done the Airport Assistant thing and the diagnostic and the wizard, and nothing helps.
    I give up. Mate's coming round next week and he can do whatever he wants to it. I'm past caring and I'm out of patience.

Thanks for all your help, people. I do actually appreciate it! You've all been very patient with a net idiot.

TP Link's router does have English menu and my tl-wr1043nd @ home is in English. Let me check it for you when I get back home tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by dtb
    TP Link's router does have English menu and my tl-wr1043nd @ home is in English. Let me check it for you when I get back home tonight.
    That's ok - I have it in English now. Thanks though!