A name for a wiki web site.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

in an underground bunker at an undisclosed location

funny reading,...this thread...

here's my suggestion,... 'HKwebwiki'...ya, i know....lame

That's not bad max. One of the best one ones so far.

It has even wider scope.

To be commercial it has to be memorable so don't get to complex in the structure.

Remember GOOGLE . Meant nothing before bit now is part of the language. Short descriptive is good like ASK JEEVES. Says it all in a visual ident sort of way.

twiki ? (for tweak-y) or web twiki?

Quote Originally Posted by Boris:
    To be commercial it has to be memorable so don't get to complex in the structure.

Remember GOOGLE . Meant nothing before bit now is part of the language. Short descriptive is good like ASK JEEVES. Says it all in a visual ident sort of way.
    Boris, this is not some hot project that is going to make a pile of cash, it may have some google ads but it won't be profitable I can assure. That is not the aim. It is just something for the community and it is something where even you can get involved. We need something generic.

Google was an unknown word to anyone that didn't do maths. In fact it is a very bad name and very prone to be mistyped and so is Yahoo. This site does not need a hot name.

I can see there is no way of converting you to the commercial world !!!!!

Lets make a company together. You can be Wazniack and I'll be Jobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Boris:
    I can see there is no way of converting you to the commercial world !!!!!

Lets make a company together. You can be Wazniack and I'll be Jobs.
    This is not an area where people normally misjudge me. I think if you ran an Telco or Carrier, you would see how commercial I am.

Quote Originally Posted by hk.com:
    This is not an area where people normally misjudge me. I think if you ran an Telco or Carrier, you would see how commercial I am.
    Indeed - this man is the telco equivalent of a used-car salesman or a financial services advisor. By some definitions I guess that's about as "commercial" as you can get

Hey .. he's also a verb in some companies.

Not many people get to that level of fame.

Quote Originally Posted by KnowItAll:
    Hey .. he's also a verb in some companies.

Not many people get to that level of fame.
    It is an improvement from the dotcom days, when I was interview by CNN they asked me - "you know you are know as the dotcom Hearse chaser and the dotcom undertaker, how do you feel about that?". They had to retake as I taken back with that one.

It is true that when I work with a company if they allow me I will get involved in their working processes and advise them what to do best. Then you visit everyone knows your name or tells me you are very famous here.

Then there is the going out drinking with me known as "getting marenated" as everyone ends up with a massive hang over.

BTW I have a pile of 2U P4 servers coming in.