HP computer

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo
    Flute

Now that was uncalled for and no need to be so defensive.

The unanswered question of why on earth didn't you backup any data before reformatting etc still remains though.
    Jimbo hi,

Because HP computer was so cramp, they don't even start! have to press F10 to get to recovery. Hope this answers your question.

Got an HP Pavillion myself as a media desktop and general workhorse and in 3 years the wife hasn't killed it so for me gets a top rating. The old HP notebook is showing it's age, but after 5 years still works as it should so I don't think it's a general "HP" thing. Customer service may suck but I find CS sucks for most brands, Dell used to be by far the worst.

I've found in recent years Dell has improved - for the business environment that is. I wouldn't have one at home. I personally have a Fujitsu Lifebook laptop, which is expensive but bloody good and super light. Couldn't comment on customer services as I haven't used yet!

Quote Originally Posted by flute
    Jimbo, thanks!

We did back up data, only that we did once a week, and the work back then was intensive, losing 2 days of work was enough to upset us.

And thank you for recommend Fujitsu, any particular modle you like the best?

Regards,
    Flute
    You're welcome but if its intensive work then definately back up as and when you've completed the work each time.

They're all good but then with Fujitsu you will pay a premium due to the reputation and of course the reliability.

Lenovo customer service for Thinkpads is pretty amazing. 3 day turnarounds and the techs will call you on the phone if you ask them to. I'm not sure if that is generalisable across to the desktops.

Flute- for future reference, data backup can literally be as simple as pressing a single button on a box if you buy one of the external drives from Maxtor or Western Digital.

Thanks jgl, jimbo and jaykay for recommendation, will give Fujitsu a try, and definitely Maxtor and Western digital sounds good.

I didn't try to shift data protection responsibility to HP. But think HP shall take responsibility for a very very bad product, and maybe an extremely upset consumer. I personally will never ever, never ever touch the brand.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2