contractor for rear speaker wires installation

contractor for rear speaker wires installation

does anyone have any contractor recommendations for the relatively small job of installing rear speaker wires (and the ensuing repainting) in the living room ?

living room is not big .. around 14.5 x 9.5 (pic attached), but it is quite far over at Siu Sai Wan.

i am a CBC, but speak quite okay cantonese.

does anyone have an idea of the approximate cost as well ?

irrelevant question,
    what kind of camera did you use to take this photo?

relevant answer,
    have you thought about wireless speakers?

i used a nikon d2x paired with a fisheye lens. makes the place look larger than it is

i have the wireless module for the samsung home theatres, and it is absolute garbage ... interferes with my 11g network (forced me to switch to 11a, which i have become quite fond of actually) and there is a constant hiss coming from the wireless speakers ... u can hear the hissing quiet passages of audio, which i find unacceptable.

heh .. i am hard to please. besides, i am a minimalist type person. i dont want rear speaker wires / AC cable visible.

I can tell you're into the minimalist thing by looking at your living room. lol. Wish I knew of someone who could help you with this. BTW, I like the way that pic turned out. Might have to invest in a fisheye lens at some point.

Totally unrelated but ... just what is the size of your flat?

Quote Originally Posted by discobay:
    Totally unrelated but ... just what is the size of your flat?
    just over 800 sq ft, but efficiency ratio is quite poor ...
    Last edited by marcuslai; 24-08-2007 at 11:27 AM.

it's not a very small scale project, if you want to hide ur ultra low volt behind the wall.

1. dig a line starting from the wall behind the TV, then to the ceiling, left or right in order no to "crash" the power cable of ur ceiling light, then to ur back wall, and split to 2 lines. (half day-3/4 day)-
    * very noisy work and maybe stopped by management office of the eatate.

2. lay plastic tube, sockets and wall socket to run the speaker cables from the wall behind the TV to ur destination. (1/2 day)
    *fastest & eailest job

3. refill cement (1/2 day) - one day for drying
    *fillback to cover the plastic tube

4. plastering, (3/4day) - one day for drying
    *plaster the celing is very difficult

5 repaint the affect part.

sorry, part 3 could be done after part 1 and 2, and plastering could be done in the afternoon next day.

But the new paint colour may not match the existing one, it's the risk, otherwise u need to repaint the whole wall and ceiling...