How to use my Linksys Wifi routeur ?

How to use my Linksys Wifi routeur ?

Hi all,
    I've just landed in hk.
    I suscribed to a netvigator broadband connection, which works well (despite a bit slow apparently) with a wire.

I'd like to use my Linksys WRT54GS Wifi routeur in order to enjoy broadband everywhere in my flat, with several computers.
    I am not a technician, so I don't know what kind of parameters I need to set it up.
    Ideally, if someone has screenshot of the various parameter pages, I'd love it

If anybody knows how to do it, that would be of great help for me. Thanks in advance to all.

Cheers !

The instrcutions with the Linksys router is pretty good. Just follow the steps.

If you still can't get it, call their HK helpline which routes to a call centre in Manila. They are really good and will walk you through step-by-step and even with encryption set-up it will take you no more than 15mins.

Give them a call !

Plug in your router to your netvigator box and to one of the computers through ethernet, use the linksys cdrom to configure, it should work quite easily. Otherwise, once you've plugged to router to netvigator and the computer through ethernet, type http://192.168.1.1/ in your browser, which should direct you to the linksys router page- to access internet through ethernet PPOE, you should put your netvigator login+ password and it's quite straightforward from then on to install wireless throughout the house.

the geek answer is of course - first reflash it and install OpenWRT Linux on it with Asterix and then configure your voice and data.

However, please be aware of two things. In theory, each user (i.e. computer) must have a separate Netvigator account. The use a router negates this, and is technically not allowed. As such, the helpline cannot assist in router problems.

Secondly, YES, check your manual. I have the same router and would be pleased to help you, but to be honest, I can't do a better job than the manual!

Third, despite how small HK flats are, some of the walls are quite thick and can block Wi-fi signals. So prepared to be disappointed with "broadband everywhere".

Thanks to all of you. It works ! and thanks to your advises.
    Best regards