Camera shops in SImCity

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Raccon:
    Wing Shing and Man Shing are the same owner I believe.

You can check prices here: DigitalRev

HK is not a cheap place to buy cameras.
    Singapore gets hit with a 10% GST. HK has no equivalent.

Quote Originally Posted by Molie:
    I just bought the Nikkor 70-300 for HKD 4500,- at Fortress. Fortress (Mong Kok) was in this instance HKD 500,- cheaper than Wing Shing, Broadway etc. Normally I buy all my gear at Wing Shing because they are slightly cheaper and it is a reputable store. Be aware that the Nikkor 70-300 mm is a popular lens though and stores tend to run out of stock for periods of time.

Good luck!
    so is fortress a reputable shop? suppose it is a HK set , not a grey set.

Quote Originally Posted by buzzmario:
    so is fortress a reputable shop? suppose it is a HK set , not a grey set.
    Fortress is a big chain store and reputable. No grey products there AFAIK.

Digital rev is priced to compete with the Uk high street, they aren't competitive against even the likes of Fortress here.

Quote Originally Posted by mid_gen:
    Digital rev is priced to compete with the Uk high street, they aren't competitive against even the likes of Fortress here.
    My understanding from google, mashing price is fixed! How about fortress and dc fever? Their price is fixed or allow for bargain? Thks

Get it right mario, it's Man Shing. Geesh.

Quote Originally Posted by threelittlepigs:
    Get it right mario, it's Man Shing. Geesh.
    sorry... thanks for correcting..:-D

Quote Originally Posted by buzzmario:
    Hi I from Singapore. As I google , wing shing and managing is recommended as was told they only sell hk warranty product and allow to pay with visa. After read your post, decided to try other. As I am looking for lens with international warrenty, mainly, tamron and Nikon lens. Any recommended store? I be at Ming Kok area in June. If there any other web site to check the price of the shop in hk other than hk price? Thanks / Mario
    The price gap between the big chains (Fortress, Broadway, Citicall) and Wingshing/Manshing has narrowed significantly since cameras turned digital and are now classified as electronic goods and have become more mainstrean. Mostly the difference is not that much especially with entry level or mid range goods. The two photographic specialty stores will still be a bit cheaper but they do offer more in terms of free accessories like higher capacity memory cards, bags, stuffed animals, water bottles, etc... Sometimes the value of the free accessories makes up for the price gap in their products. I would suggest you look around and compare prices as they change quite often, all those shops carry only official products but there is no longer much reason to choose Wing/Man Shing over the chains stores IMO.

As far as the smaller shops in simcity, they are quite straightforward about their product lines and will let you know if they are grey imports or official products. The customer service is better now than it was three or four years ago but it still varies from shop to shop. I would still stick with the more well known names like DCfever and Cam2 as they seem to be making a real effort to improve their image.

Any idea for dcfever and cam2 , if with credit card payment, there will be additional % charge?

Anyone brought from ast , a hong kong on line store astgobalstore.com.hk?
    Possible to order on line and ask the item to deliver to my hotel of stay?

Thanks

I can't remember if they charge, I usually pay by cash since some of the smaller shops or chains will allow an additional discount like 100 dollars off the quoted price or something like 2% depending on the salesman.

I'm not familiar with online shops in HK as I prefer inspecting the item myself and taking it home right away as opposed to waiting around for the delivery and having to mail it back if something is wrong with it.