TV Question

TV Question

Hey guys this is my first post,

Okay i recently moved from a village side in Hong Kong to the city( LOL HONG KONG COUNTRY SIDE) anyway back to my question, Is it possibile to receive Free to Air DTT signal from the i-cable jack?

Note:
    Using NowTV Converter Box to Receive Signal in HD.

Last edited by vkm99; 13-01-2012 at 04:25 PM.

the free to air channels are usually via a cable from your wall, not using a converter of any kind.

Quote Originally Posted by PDLM:
    I'm not going to spend long on this since you seem determined to be wrong; it is traditional for experts to write Guides for Dummies, and for dummies to read them, not the other way round.

In summary:

- HD (high definition) is NOT the same thing as DTT (digital terrestrial television)

- to receive DTT (which is free and includes one HD channel, mostly in Chinese) you need a DTT decoder. This could be integrated into a TV, or into the NOWHD box, or as a standalone set-top box (cost from about HK$800 up)

- your particular building has a satellite feed which is supplies some of the analogue signals which you are receiving (all those except the 4 broadcast channels and the building camera). They are NOT coming in through the normal UHF antenna (what most people would call "over the air); they are coming in to a separate satellite dish the signal from which is then being put through an RF modulator and injected into the building coax cabling of your particular building. The building door camera system is being modulated to RF and inserted onto the cabling in the same way.

You can watch the Olympics currently on your TV via its analogue tuner. If the picture quality is poor then you can purchase a DTT box which will decode the DTT signals on your building wiring and can be plugged into the TV via the best available video input (assuming your TV isn't so old that the only input is analogue RF). DTT boxes cost from about $800 up.

You can continue your eduction here: Digital TV

Posted By PDLM before explaining the difference between free to air channel and Free to air DTT