Like Tree1Likes

Netvigator Wireless Modem Issues

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

It sounds like range is not the problem because you say that the connection drops altogether, but I'd like to mention that the range on my Netvigator modem is miserable. I sometimes lose the WIFI connection when I'm in my bedroom using my iPhone/iPad; the WIFI router is very near, about four meters away in the living room.

It's my theory that concrete walls block WIFI signals but I can't seem to find any definitive info on this...

Last edited by paul9; 19-01-2012 at 05:03 PM.

nah - its someone with a 2.4GHz video sender downstairs wiping the band

It may help if the wifi modem is position high up in your apartment. Preferably near the ceiling. Used to leave my modem on the floor and I get crappy connection in my room.

Just picking up on the question of the Netvigator Wireless ADSL modem / router, does PCCW Netvigator remotely "control" this unit, such as disabling / enabling the Wifi at home in the unit (given that they charge separately for wifi on top of the broadband service)?

Thanks

What The hell is wrong with you resurrecting every single age old thread so that you can ask the same questions for the purpose of your anti-PCCW crusade.

Sent from my iPhone using GeoClicks

emx likes this.

My apologies!