New iPods ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

iPod Touch looks very nice but with only 16GB for what is supposed to be maximised for video it'll clog up quickly.
    160GB on the iPod classic is pretty impressive though- especially as Apple have announced the iMac to come with a 1TB HD at the top end of the range.

The new 1TB drives have performance issues. I'm surprised they jumped on them (unless they're putting in two 500GBs)

I have a Creative Zen Xtra with a 160 gb hard disk at present, but because of firmware limitations, I can only get 16,000 or so tracks onto it, which means I have to load albums on as hour long tracks. If Rockbox supports the 160, I'll get one for sure.

I'm a little confused here. Why does anyone need a music device that holds more than 16,000 songs? Even if you listen to it, say, 2 hours per day you could still go more than a year without playing the same song twice!

Mine is bigger than yours factor ... (or video)

Anyone remember the Walkman with one tape in it?

Some of us just really like our music. I like to be able to listen to the track or album I want whenever I feel like it. I wouldn't even load videos onto the 160 because the quality of the output sucks. I would use it solely for music, recorded radio shows, interviews and audiobooks. I wonder if the Samsung Spinpoint N2 (the new 1.8" 160 gb hard disk used in the iPod) would fit into a Creative Zen Vision: W?

Last edited by jayinhongkong; 06-09-2007 at 11:39 AM.

200 USD price drop for iPhones across the board. iPod Touch with 16GB will be enough for most casual users. I'm planning on getting a Touch myself. My music collection is much closer to 16 GB than it is to 160 GB. :P

So all in all, if you were first in line for an iPhone (kmtkmtht), hope the extra 200 USD was worth it. :P

guys based on your experience, if the new ipod touch is available in US at end of sept, when realistically will it be available here in hK?

Quote Originally Posted by Krad
    So all in all, if you were first in line for an iPhone (kmtkmtht), hope the extra 200 USD was worth it. :P
    Apple will give you a $100 rebate if you bought the original at original prices.

Quote Originally Posted by goleoboy
    guys based on your experience, if the new ipod touch is available in US at end of sept, when realistically will it be available here in hK?
    Generally they roll out at the same time, maybe a week or so later.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast