Email to SMS Services?

Closed Thread

Email to SMS Services?

I'm trying to find a reliable email to SMS service for server monitoring etc.

What I'd like done ... server monitoring systems detect something is wrong and send an email to a given address. The email is then converted to SMS and sends to my HK phone (just need the first few characters to figure out whats wrong)

"Orange" used to have something like this ... no clue if anyone supports this anymore.

we use this. Let me try find out.

I've used VGSmail for this sort of thing before and I've found them pretty reliable. It's a general-purpose, global system, but smaller and simpler than most big commercial competitors. You'll pay about HK$0.9 per sent message.

I get SMSs sent to my mobile very simply. The address is <8digit phone number>@csl1010.com which works very reliably for me and doesn't cost a thing. When I was on 3 there was something very similar although if I recall correctly the address consisted of the mobile number plus two additional digits that you selected when you set the service up.

I've emailed PCCW to see if they have something similar to CSL's offering. Doubt it.

I did send myself an email on [email protected] .. interestingly did not get bounced and did not arrive on my phone either.

Sorry I know this is an oldish thread so not sure if everyone is still around.

I'm looking desperately for a email to sms solution because I need to be alerted for my trading. I'm with hkchina mobile (people) now and they have this option so it's not very reliable and 50% of the time my messages get to me over a hour

Did anyone find a suitable email to sms solution with their HK carrier or is anyone using a different approach? I would love to hear anything to help, I just need my sms to be sent straight away so reliability is a must.

TIA