Multiple accounts in Outlook

Multiple accounts in Outlook

Hello

I have 2 email accounts with 2 ISP's. I would like to be able to use both in Outlook 2003.

I have set up both accounts and they receive email fine.

But I can only get Outlook to deliver to one set of personal folders. Whenever I change the delivery it changes for both accounts. Also, if I send an email from one email address, it will try to validate with teh other accounts details - so I can only send emails from one of my two accounts.

I am sure Outlook is capable of doing this. Anyone advise?

Thanks

When you say personal folders do you mean the data file on your PC? I think that is fixed to deliver to a single data file. Although you could set up a rule to move the emails to another data file or folder within that data file if you don't want all the mail to sit in the same inbox. (Tools/Rules Alerts)

If you have more than one account you will have to set one as a default. However when you are actually composing an email have a look next to the send button, there should be an "account" button from which you can choose the account to send from.

Hope this helps

Should not be a problem. I am using Outlook 2003for both me and my wife. We are currently managing 3 email adresses with it, all mails delivered to different folders (play a bit with the rules option, as Meerkat has pointed out).

When sending email, it will use one of the accounts as standard setting, but you can change the account with one click before sending it out.
    (I think there is a "send from" button)

Thanks guys

For some reason my ISP changed the SMTP port without telling me.

Got it sorted finally.