how can you trick/hide your IP??

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

how can you trick/hide your IP??

Here's another one - prob very simple for you computer / techies etc, but I wanna see if I can 'trick' or even 'hide' the IP address of my computer so that it isn't subjected to automatically loading Google.com.hk vs Google.com etc on various pages.

Also, it is so friggin frustrating when I found out that many U.S. sites like ABC.com won't let you watch video online when they find out you are from outside the U.S.!! Can we 'trick' or not let those sites know I'm acccessing from from overseas? I'm using PCCW. Gonna miss the new season of Ugly Betty :-(( not to mention the britney performance on VMA hahahah

Ummm, why dont you watch your US content via a " Proxy Server ", a 3rd party gateway/portal etc.

Yes what skyhook said is correct the only real way is to use a proxy server, that way it looks like all the requests come from the IP of the proxy server.

i'm totally not a techie... how do you do a third party proxy server? can you just set it on your computer? or do i need to have someone in the U.S. give me access?

There are different ways to connect through a proxy.
    You can google proxy list online, then go you your browser internet settings under the connection tab, check proxy and type in the info you found in your google search.

Another way is to download TOR (The Onion Router).
    Just be aware that traffic can easily be monitored at any end node if it is not encrypted.

visit;

http://www.proxydom.com/

From there you can visit those websites which have been banned or sensored to a white page on your computer. There are some other similar proxy server sites on Internet. They can be found with google search engine. Those proxy server sites are popularily used by people under dictatorship for connecting outside world.

thanks guys will try! u guys rock!!

Yeah,I know i do

i have NEVER had any luck watching us video sites through the proxy servers......they are always ultra slow and take years to load a simple text page...let alone a video in HD

Yeah, rule out publicly listed proxies for many of the services - they're either too slow, or well known enough to have been blocked by the providers.

Second thing, MANY proxies will transmit your real IP address too -- just a matter of the techs at the other end using it or not to check and block.

(We do check for real IP addresses, as a fair number of Nigerian spammers for example try to come in as US / UK users)

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast