Used Macs and Repair service

Closed Thread

Used Macs and Repair service

I have a Mac G3 Pismo Powerbook that Apple Hong Kong will not touch because it is obsolete? I need to replace the hinges as the display does not stay up. Otherwise works fine.

Is there a place that repairs used Macs? I have the new hinges. I guess I may have to attempt the repairs myself.

Also have a G4 that needs repair. Paint wore off and getting little electric shocks(like static electricity), needs new fan (gets too hot) and think the excessive heat has made my keyboard not partially work(Command key not working and now the shift key is off and on).

Regards

Last edited by Maritimer; 18-09-2007 at 09:40 AM.

There is a shop opposite the Mac dealer in 298 Hennessy Road on the second floor. He does nothing but repair Macs- if he can't do it he may well be able to recommend you on.

I need to repair my iBook G4 as well. Could you give me the address of the shop? It would be great if you have his phone number.

I have asked several shops for repairing my laptop but its pretty expensive.

I went to the Apple Service Center without my warranty and they would charge me about $6,000 to repair it!

Quote Originally Posted by hiteshs:
    I need to repair my iBook G4 as well. Could you give me the address of the shop?
    Yeah sure, opposite the Mac dealer in 298 Hennessy Road on the second floor.

Thanks, I'll check it out soon.

hiteshs:

Let me know how you make out if you get there before me.

Regards

Alright, will head there during this week.

Cheers

i pm'd discobay and he/she told me about this place. hope it helps someone. sorry no capitals as my shift key does not work anymore. here it is.

They are at the Godown which is the diagonally opposite end of the Golden Arcade Shopping Centre entrance in Shamshuipo. They just do repairs so should be easy to spot (notebook power supplies strewn all over the place and a soldering iron always hot and ready).

discobay, i hope you don't mind me posting this. it may help someone.

no shift or command keys are hard. have to do it the old fashion way, copy, paste, etc.

thanks for the help. i will let everyone know how i made out.

regards

I downloaded directions from the internet on how to change the hinges and it took about an hour and a bit. Seems to be still working.

I took my G4 to a guy in Sham Shui Po to get the fan replaced. Cost $600 HKD. The fan just kicked in and seems to be working.

This place is full of computer parts and phone number is 31882892. I did not check what Apple service center would charge for the fan replacement.

Hope it may help someone the needs repairs that Apple will not touch.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Lokeshlove:
    All Apple products like Mac Book, iMac, iPad, iPod can be repaired here - Best prices Free Consultation - They specialize in Mac & Windows OS.

MacWin Technology
    Harileala Mansion
    81 Nathan Road
    Tsim Sha Tsui

Phone -64037272
    Website - Macwin Technology
    email- [email protected]
    and to think...you are only 3 years (on the dot) too late with giving them that info