Modest Home Theatre system

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

The fact that you said " it doesnt matter what the room size is " really proves you are not even qualified.. Speakers are all rated to room size, as they generate sound waves, and unless you are talking about high frequencies generated by a tactrix Horn, which wouldnt be affected by room interaction via furnishings etc, bass drivers are... The bass extension of a 12 inch driver would cancel itself out if it was placed in a room that was 3 metres long. It would need 6 to 8 metres to extend properly.. So stop talking BS kiddo, I've bought my fair share of High End Audio gear over the years when we had much larger living space to fully appreciate it.

Footnote:

The guy is looking for discrete sized HT gear, if he had a large room, he'd be looking at gear that would suit. So I can make the assumpton, that most people here dont have a lounge that is 60m2.... 20m2 is going to be about the max, on average

Last edited by Skyhook; 19-09-2007 at 08:04 PM.

What im saying is that you can find a high quality system to fit any room, just because its a small room doesnt mean you have to get bad components or bad speakers. I'm sure i know a hell of a lot more about it than you, i have a degree in audio engineering, and you've done what....??? Set up a couple of systems in your house that you probably got ripped off for in price. You don't know jack, so why don't you just shut your smug little ugly face?

Not everyone likes to buy crappy british home theater systems that are way too expensive. I personally source all my components direct from wholesalers in the U.S. who are close friends of mine. So why don't you just stop while you are behind? You're not going to win any arguements with your moronic generalized statements about how a speaker should be matched to a room. Haha. A good set of monitor speakers will sound great in any room, its called DSP and E.Q.? Ever heard of those two things? Probably not, oh well, its falling on deaf and dumb ears, I give up trying to help the guy with your dumb quips trying to chime in about how smart you are.

I think the KEF KHT2005 series is what Lammarite is talking about, if something sweeter sounding is required. http://www.kef.com/KHT/index.htm

You could also look at the Klipsch Reference range of compact HT speaker gear, being a tactrix horn loaded speaker design, they are a little more lively, with good meaty dynamic American sound punch, not as laid back as the British Kefs. www.klipsch.com

The marriet hotel on the cnr of kimberly road Jordon has a Klipsch dealer located on the 1st or second floor. Times Square is definately worth visiting, as nearly everything we have spoken about is available there.

It all depends on how complex you want your home cinema, the moment you begin to go higher end, user friendliness does start to lower.

Last edited by Skyhook; 19-09-2007 at 08:33 PM.