Hopeless PCCW/Netvigator

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by MrMoo
    ... So where is your email hosting? Hassle them, not PCCW.
    I use hosting in the US. Very cheap and great service.

I have used many different providers over the years, even one in Pakistan. Eventually returned to good ol' USA. I pay $4 USD per month for a plan with 1 GB space and 10 domains limit.

Yeah, I will ask them about the SMTP port 25 issue!

I still don't get it .. why am I able to send @geoexpat.com emails through netvigator's SMTP server and style cannot.

Seems like a simple mis-config and nothing to do with SPF records, and hosting services...

Quote Originally Posted by KnowItAll
    I still don't get it .. why am I able to send @geoexpat.com emails through netvigator's SMTP server and style cannot...
    I don't get it either. Everything worked fine until Tuesday night. I haven't touched anything. And on Wednesday, I can't send e-mails anymore!

I haven't touched anything! (That's why I blame PCCW.)

Hope is on the horizon

Thanks to all for your suggestions.

1.) PCCW/Netvigator have not called me back as they promised. So typical.

2.) I contacted my hosting provider in the USA who handle my SMTP server. They agreed to set me up with SMTP port other than 25, so soon I will be able to send e-mails using my own SMTP server.

For electronic billing they only send to your Netvigator account
    Really? So the Correspondence Email field that they enable you to set up in your profile doesn't work as advertised?

http://cs.netvigator.com/eng/
    My profile
    Update personal information

If you have your own domain hosted with a company that gives you SSH access, you will be able to use your own SMTP server. Do a google for "ssh tunnel" and you'll be on your way.

Quote Originally Posted by PDLM
    http://cs.netvigator.com/eng/
    My profile
    Update personal information
    Great! I'll give it a shot. When we opened the account, and when we recently chased down some billing problem neither the shop assistants or phone support said this was possible. We could have our PCCW phone bill to another address, just not the Now TV.

Well, that's if their site ever works ...

Mixtures of blank pages, "System Failure, Please try again later.", and various JSP exceptions. Great.

Well, that's if their site ever works ...

Mixtures of blank pages, "System Failure, Please try again later.", and various JSP exceptions.
    It is indeed a pain accessing it from outside Netvigator, not least because they use odd ports. But It's always been rock solid for me when accessing from my Netvigator line.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2