Computer problem

Closed Thread

Computer problem

I wonder if anybody had this trouble before.
    Last night the computer started to reboot and reboot and reboot, would not turn on. Than a black screen came on hundreds of white writings in rows flying off the screen in seconds.
    This is the best way I can describe it.
    All the files and the OS is gone.
    I had to install everything this morning and it is OK now.
    I did and do have now all the virus etc. soft wear.

Very strange!! ??
    I read about a virus called rootkit I think, hardly any soft wear will detect it and can get into your comp. by email and photos? I would appreciate advice

Have you try to use the Anti-Virus software Disc to boot your PC and detect and remove virus?

was it rebooting after windows started?
    or, when _exactly_ was it rebooting, what was on the screen?

could be hardware, overheating, etc.

I was looking at something on the net, it turned off and started this on and off business. I could not access the computer controls - it just kept repeatedly rebooting.
    Now i have reinstalled everything (system recovery from scratch) but can not install the stats program - SAS! - it is running for three hours already. I know this is a huge program but should it run for so long.? It is not compatible with Vista but I was advised to use the Safe Mode. The funny thing is I did have SAS running before the desktop crashed just yesterday and SAS worked OK, even though it did crash some times. Computer is 2.5 years old.
    Thank you for answering!

Sounds more like a hardware problem if it turned off.

If it was windows having problems, you'd get an error message that no one could decipher before you'd have to reboot it yourself...lol

There is a chance of bad sectors in your hard-disk. My advice is try "diagnose and repair".

Thank you all I just ordered the best Dell I could find in the mean time I will use the laptop.
    Takes two weeks to deliver but I had enough I think I had a lemon in the other one, had lots of problem with it. I have been told it is heat, hard drive, soft wear, humidity,faulty wires, skype etc.Does anyone have these problems here?
    I just hope the new one will work better. Thank you all for the replies.