car GPS navigation

car GPS navigation

What are presently the best car GPS navigation possibilities? I am looking for maps in English, lane assist and junction view and inputting builing names. What is the experience with the following?:
    TomTom PND with Hong Kong maps.
    I was informed by TomTOm that the maps do not include lane assist and junction view, which I think is important.
    Can you put in a building name as target?

TomTom iPhone/iPad app:
    Same questions/remarks as above.

Papago Z3 and R6300 PND:
    Maps and navigation in English. Shows junction view, but how many junction views are there? I tried a simulated route in the Wan Chai computer canter, and it seems the suggested lane in the junction view is sometimes wrong. Building names can be put in.

Any other possibilities? What is the best recommendation?

I bought a Kenwood stereo/dvd/ipod/gps fron Navi on KW side. They installed it and it workes fine and looked like it came with the car. I could not drive at all in HK if I did not have it and yes it speaks English with English maps, search and street names.

Quote Originally Posted by packy_crusher:
    I bought a Kenwood stereo/dvd/ipod/gps fron Navi on KW side. They installed it and it workes fine and looked like it came with the car. I could not drive at all in HK if I did not have it and yes it speaks English with English maps, search and street names.
    hello pack_crusher
    Thanks for the info. I got some questions:
    - can it search for building names?
    - does it show lane assist and junction view?
    - do you know what maps the unit is using? Garmin?

I have TomTom on my iPhone, and I've sure there's lane assist in it. It comes up as 2 types, the more graphical view of an upcoming turn off with road signs above each way you can take, or just some simple arrows with which some are brighter in which you should be in.

Papago is very good, but I find all the information can be jumbled up.

Have you tried nDrive?

Quote Originally Posted by Proplus:
    I have TomTom on my iPhone, and I've sure there's lane assist in it. It comes up as 2 types, the more graphical view of an upcoming turn off with road signs above each way you can take, or just some simple arrows with which some are brighter in which you should be in.
    Hello Proplus,
    I am surprised about TomTom, because I emailed them and they said laneassist and junction view is not available on Hong Kong map. But, TomTom would be my favourite solution. Could you take screenshots on your iPhone. I will send you a private message PM with my email address.

Google maps on your phone

but as there are only 2000Km's of road in HK it doesn't take long to learn to get around the city.