HTC TyTN II

HTC TyTN II

I am considering buying that HTC TyTN II phone (the one with the QWERTY keyboard). I really want to use the PUSH Tech email function it has.

Would someone know if this is as good as a Blackberry for emails? Is it easy to send, receive email messages on it?

They are excellent for email, you can get a program called flexmail which is very good. It is window mobile 6 running on them, you will like the other features on them besides the email. I have the I-Mate Jasjar same thing but only UMTS normal 3G speeds, my friend has the tytn 2 it has HSDPA support as well up to 4Mpbs very fast.

That model is a great compromise between size and functionality and good value too. They have a in built in GPS which can be handy, bluetooth, wi-fi, A2DP support stereo bluetooth, SDHC Support for large memory cards. The screen folds up excellent feature and quiet light.

This is going to be my next phone unless they bring out the iphone with HSDPA support.

Cheers

Ben

thanks very much for the reply Ben! Also, in order to get emails on the phone, is it necessary to get one of those Vodafone Business mail connections? Can I use any data connection (I hear People's has a HKD 128 unlimited data connection offer) and have the email software check emails once every minute?

Thanks!

As long as the data plans have the ports open, i.e 110, 25,143, you can set it to check your mail every minute if you want, I do on mine plus you can use the wi-fi spots to check your mail, also use msn which is really handy, skype on your pda which is good. HSDPA is very good, I am not sure if the blackberries have it yet.

great! thanks ben!