Linksys Wireless Router WRT54G - HELP! I still can't connect!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Exclamation Password anyone ?

Quote Originally Posted by PDLM
    You absolutely should not be using the "Connect to Navigator" shortcut (or any Navgator software) on your PC when connecting through the router. Your connection to the router should be just "plug & go" whether wired or wireless, and that should work even if there is now WAN plugged into the router. The only Netvigator login you should use is on the router.
    Has everyone overlooked the essential "Password" for the ISP which *must* be stored in the Router so that it inputs that info at the same time that the router stored <[email protected]> is sent down the ADSL line?

My "Big Switch" powers up my Belkin Router & the PCCW supplied ADSL Modem at the same time - along with my other 6 Wi-Fi signal generating units.

It's very rare indeed that I find that the Router doesn't connect almost immediately to my ISP.

By the time my Desktop has booted up - it's banging away checking e'mails on the server and updating AVG anti-virus etc.

Hi Nuts & Bolts. Yes the Netvigator username and password are entered into the router.

Still no luck.

I told you, its bricked..no question about it.
    You can try downgrading the firmware as the 2 latest versions of the linksys firmware is kinda crappy.
    YES DOWNGRADE IT not upgrade!.
    But if its bricked that wont get you online either though.

Ok do this:
    1. disconnect all cables incl. power cable
    2. hold down the reset button (at the back) for 30-40sec.
    3.Connect the power and wait 1min for boot
    4. connect only the computer via cable not wierless
    5. go to 192.168.1.1 with your prefered browser
    6. enter default factory password you can find it in the manual, or under the router.
    7. setting PPoe + username and password
    8. connect the blue cable from the modem to the routers wlan port
    9. Go to router status page, and check if it has an IP.
    10. try to surf...if you cant throw it!

Just realized it was not this thread i posted in about the bricked router earlier.
    sorry about that..my bad

Have you tried it with the notebook connected by the blue lan cable to the Linksys? This would prove that your Linksys has an internet connection. Then we can take it from there.

Hi discobay.

Right now, I can surf the Internet using the router (with the blue cable connected from laptop -> router->modem). But I still had to double click the "Connect to Netvigator" connection.

OK and did you enter the Netvigator username and password into the Linksys Setup screen and select a connection type of PPPoE?

Yes I did.

This router problem is really giving me a lot of stress.

But thanks for all the advice so far.

OK if you did that correctly the Linksys should be performing the login to Netvigator so you will not need to double-click the icon. Something is wrong with the Linksys setup. Follow the quick start manual again.

Have you tried going online without clicking the Netvigator icon? lol. The router should be set up to PPOE and to 'connect on demand.'

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast