Linksys Wireless Router WRT54G - HELP! I still can't connect!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5

Quote Originally Posted by HKNewBi
    Hi Jay

It has been no problem for 12 months but now I need to factory reset every 8 hours.

I am guessing it is knackered but wondered if anyone had managed to address this issue.

If I was to get a new one - as this seems the simplest route and they are pretty cheap these days - any particular brand / model someone would recommmend?
    do you do a lot of Torrents? if so that might be the problem. running out of ram.

I could probably fix it, i'd install a 3rd party firmware dd-wrt. it would make it a more powerful router for sure.

in any case, i've tried a lot of different brands of routers. (linksys, belkin, apple, asus, etc). one i'd highly recommend would be the Belkin N1 router... (it's a pre-n router)... or if you could find the newer one, the N1 vision. The last time I checked, I couldn't find the vision just yet.

Quote Originally Posted by TaLL|dUdE
    do you do a lot of Torrents? if so that might be the problem. running out of ram.

I could probably fix it, i'd install a 3rd party firmware dd-wrt. it would make it a more powerful router for sure.

in any case, i've tried a lot of different brands of routers. (linksys, belkin, apple, asus, etc). one i'd highly recommend would be the Belkin N1 router... (it's a pre-n router)... or if you could find the newer one, the N1 vision. The last time I checked, I couldn't find the vision just yet.
    Thanks for the offer. I bit the bullet and bought a new WRT54G from WCC. Hopefully solve the problem!

What to do with the old router? Linksys have agreed to replace it under warranty but damned if I can find the original receipt....

Hi Jimmy

Who were you extending that offer to?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5