Like Tree11Likes

had a brain wave - how to protect it?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by motoX:
    oh well - someones gonna have to get off their A$$ tho..

instead of being glued to a dumb forum!
    Derek Sivers: Keep your goals to yourself | Video on TED.com

[replace 'goals' with 'ideas']

actually the whole protection thing is moot!

got in touch with some one - and my original idea isnt as original as it could be - ( i'm still thinking its a good idea tho! )

somebody patented a similar idea in 1997!! ( not exactly the same method - but similar enough..... ) mysteriously tho - nobody has done anything with it - ie no product on the market..

anyways this is China - so we are gonna get a thousand made up ( probably cost us 20K - but if we can sell them we might turn that into an interesting factor more...... - have a punt as it were..

I'll let you know when they are on ebay!

you can also use Kickstarter.com if you have a good idea but want to generate interest and funding first.

audiology likes this.

I just read these posts today.
    Intellectual Property and International Patent law is very complicated. I set up a business with the intent to make inventions in the field where I am a professional expert, and then to patent and sell the inventions. I do not know much about patents, so I bought a number of books and started reading about it.
    International patents is very complicated, expensive and risky.
    But there is a good way for your case (and which I also want to use). In the USA, it is possible to file for a provisional patent, which only costs a few hundred US$, and is much less complicated. This is not a full patent application, but gives priority rights so that you can patent at a later date, up to about a year later. And the priority rights are international. Priority rights means that once you filed for the provisional patent, you have the right to file for a full patent up to about 1 year later, but the filing date of the provisional patent is what counts when patent offices check if somebody else has filed for the same invention.
    In your case, you have told already some people on the internet. I do not know how this affects your case. Do not assume you lost all your rights to make a patent claim. You have to look at the details.