Firefox cannot open pdf and jpg

Closed Thread

Firefox cannot open pdf and jpg

My firefox cannot open pdf nor jpg links on the internet, but my IE on the same computer can. I prefer using firefox, but it is kind of troublesome to switch to IE whenever I want to open a pdf/jpg link, can anyone advise if there is any settings or things that I can change? Thanx heaps.

Go to the Foxfire home page, and down load an extension called Download Statusbar. It will allow you to open a pdf file or save it to your computer. It has never failed me (yet).

Add link: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/636

Good luck.

Last edited by redwriter; 08-11-2007 at 11:48 AM.

Does this happen on one site or on all sites?

First of all, you don't need to download any plugins to get the basic functionality to work.

Go to the Tools Menu, select "Options" and click on the "Content" icon. Then click on the see a section called "File Types", click on manage and see if PDF is linked to acrobat.

Bit surprised that you're not able to view JPEG.

May be a simple reinstall will fix it.

I just tried the addon you mentioned, it works and is really neat as well. Thanx redwriter.

Hi KIA, Just checked, pdf is to be "open with Adobe". This happens in all website. If I delete the programme and reinstall again, would I lose all my bookmarks. that is what I am afraid of.

In the Lair of the Village Idiot's Apprenctice

You can save your book marks by going to Organise Bookmarks -click on File -Export and save them as an html file.
    Just Import when you want the bookmarks back.

-----

I can't view this page http://www.hkjc.com/english/racing/startersR1_e.asp
    on firefox [just try it on IE to see the difference] any ideas?

In any case you won't generally lose your bookmarks if you do a reinstall...