Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By climber07

Printing photos

Closed Thread

Printing photos

Hi
    I took some photos and want to get them printed but all the photos say 'low resolution'. The photos are saved as jpeg. How can I fix this?
    Thanks

Save them as bmp and see if the resolution becomes higher

Quote Originally Posted by Sazzy:
    Hi
    I took some photos and want to get them printed but all the photos say 'low resolution'. The photos are saved as jpeg. How can I fix this?
    Thanks
    That is just not enough information if you want any useful help. Where are you trying to print them? How did you take them? What camera? How big are the .jpg files (size)? Depending on what resolution you took the photos at and what type of jpg compression you used you may or may not be able to "fix" it. There are 2 major upscaling programs which pros use to upscale images for large prints..these essentially interpolate between similar pixels as you increase the image size.

These are:

Genuine Fractals which I belive they now renamed Perfect Resize

and

Blow Up
    jgl likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Sazzy:
    Hi
    Thanks
    your jpeg photos are as they are. theres not much you can do to increase the resolution except to retake the photos again.

Quote Originally Posted by Drunken Master:
    Save them as bmp and see if the resolution becomes higher
    saving them as bmp's will only increase the file size and do nothing to the resolution.

Check the JPEG settings in your camera. Make sure it is set at Large, Fine to give you the best quality at the expense of file size. But memory is cheap these days so this is not really an issue. The other factor is the resolution of the camera. A 12mp camera will print bigger than a 3mp camera, all else equal since the former will have more resolution to work with.

I actually had the same issues when trying to print a whole bunch of pictures at those "Photo Stations" at the photo shops in central, the service personal of course had no clue, so I went back home, created an automated batch in Photoshop to upscale the photos and tried again, then it worked, this might help: PeteNetLive - KB0000597 - Batch Resizing and Batch Renaming Images in Photoshop