Laptop repairs (Mac)

Laptop repairs (Mac)

Are there any places that can do repairs on post-warranty machines cheaper than the official service centers? I have an older powerbook that won't start up after my GF knocked it off the coffee table.

Mac servicing

There was a long thread on Mac servicing in HK ages ago so try some searches and see if you can find it. I posted in that thread so maybe search by my name.

Anyway the general connsensus was that the Mac servicing here in HK is apalling. I have sent mine twice to C.A.S.E ( it is in the Times Square Tower - the bit with the clock, not the shopping centre) and twice they have failed to fix it but when we went to the office and said we would stay until it was fixed because there was definitley something wrong and we threatened to go to the Apple office which is on a different floor, it got fixed in 30 minutes.

The 2nd time was after the warranty had expired so they do post warranty work.

There is a second service centre somewhere called B.A.D.

Quote Originally Posted by larac:
    There is a second service centre somewhere called B.A.D.
    BAD, Are they they any good?

I guess Mong Kok Computer Center or Sim City (also in Mong Kok) wouldn't be much help? or would they?