Like Tree2Likes

Setting up DNS for .com.hk domain names

Closed Thread

Setting up DNS for .com.hk domain names

Hey guys, I'm about to get a .com.hk domain name from hkdnr, and I was wondering if anyone has any experience they could share about them.

I usually use namecheap, and its easy enough to setup the domain name to point at an ip, or to allow another party to manage it.

Are the .com.hk ones easy to work with?

HKDNR is only a registry, you need a separate DNS server service somewhere to host the domain and point to your IPs.

Quote Originally Posted by MrMoo:
    HKDNR is only a registry, you need a separate DNS server service somewhere to host the domain and point to your IPs.
    I have a DNS service through my VPS hosting, so that's not a problem.

I'm mostly wondering about the application process and things. I forgot to mention that I'm not the owner of the business, I'm setting it up for someone else... I have a feeling I might have an issue since I put my contact info down in the application instead of the Business owner's. But I've since sent in a copy of the BR via email.

it's been a few days but still no response from them ( maybe I shouldn't have paid until the application went through...) I can't login using the domain name, but I can when using the Account name.

Does anyone know how long the application usually takes for a .com.hk domain name?

Original Post Deleted
    ~excellent~ (as Mr Burns would say, lol)

But thanks for the other info, maybe I'll give them a call to see what the holdup is.

Original Post Deleted
    For .com.hk addresses you need to provide BR. For .hk you do not.

Quote Originally Posted by jaykay:
    For .com.hk addresses you need to provide BR. For .hk you do not.
    And .hk is shorter and easier to use, why anyone bothers to go for the longer versions is amazing.