Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Gruntfuttock

Gaming downloadable content key codes

Closed Thread

Cool Gaming downloadable content key codes

Hi I'm looking to set up a small business providing people with key codes to access downloadable content on games, I.e. extra maps/weapons etc.
    I have searched for suppliers of these codes but have not been able to find anyone. I have come across a small business in the past that does the same thing that used a company/individuals in china to provide the codes. Can anyone help and point me in the right direction.

Thanks
    Tom

Otherwise you're looking at basic bijection numbers starting with a suitable polynomial to make it unique.

Bijection - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Thanks

Thanks for the info it was useful. I am not technologically illiterate however that is a bit beyond my level to recreate the codes I wish to obtain. I was wondering If there is anybody who would be able to provide me with the codes for me to sell to third parties in the uk. I would obviously intend to pay the person for the work and if sales go well at this side it would be a real opportunity to make a good profit. thanks again
    Tom

Isn't this essential fencing stolen goods, or am I misunderstanding?

bookblogger likes this.

In all honesty I am unaware of the licensing issues. As I saw a well established company working on the same grounds I assumed there would be a way of purchasing within software licensing rules. I suppose I will be better contacting the companies that produce the games to see if this is possible. Thanks
    Tom

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbav:
    Hi I'm looking to set up a small business providing people with key codes to access downloadable content on games, I.e. extra maps/weapons etc.
    I have searched for suppliers of these codes but have not been able to find anyone. I have come across a small business in the past that does the same thing that used a company/individuals in china to provide the codes. Can anyone help and point me in the right direction.

Tom
    I work in the industry and there are strict licensing issues when it comes to DLC/DLC codes etc. Even auction sites like Ebay have outlawed the sale of most DLC codes due to lawsuits from developers. People still sell them on some major gaming and code trading sites so its not a huge problem to find them.

If you plan on selling physical DLC cards with the codes on them, these are easily available in HK and China if you know where to look.

In case you do decide to go ahead with this ..you might also want to look into Region locking as many developers are Region Locking DLC codes to country/region IP addresses of late. This might cause you to get a lot of chargebacks and disputes filed against you.

Good Luck and if you have any questions..feel free to ask.
    Last edited by JaredHK; 30-07-2012 at 05:38 PM.