temporary Simcard

Closed Thread

temporary Simcard

I will be visiting HK for more than a week and would like to be able to keep touch with people at work in Mainland China...

What is the best prepaid card should I buy?

I heard about incoming call being charged thats fine.. guess they have the same system as Singapore..

Please advice.

This is the temp sim card u want. Identifiable HK caller diaplay at China Mobile, China Telecom network.
    -
    X'mas special =B4 1 Jan,08 (only at 7-11 & outlets )
    $15 additional credit & $10 discount for the $98 card
    $10 additional credit & $5 discount for the $60 card
    Last edited by humanbeing; 22-12-2007 at 08:48 AM.

How can I buy a SIM card in HK?

I will be stating for 5 days in HK. Where can I buy a prepaid SIM Card to be in touch with people in INDIA

go any 7-11 shop and get it "People" of china mobile company, ask them about roaming.

I WANT THE SIM CARD TO BE IN TOUCH WITH MY FAMILY IN INDIA AND THAILAND. DOES THE SIM IN 7-11 HAVE AUTOMATICE INTERNATIONAL CALLING FACILITY SO THAT I CAN CALL INDIA AND BE IN TOUCH WITH THEM. AS I WILL BE SPEAKING TO INDIA AND MAIKE SOME CALLS IN LOCAL HONG KONG WHY WOULD I NEED ROAMING. IF IT IS GIVEN AS A FEATURE I WOULD NOT MIND.WHAT IS THE BEST VALUE CARD FOR ME.

Last edited by gsskumar; 18-09-2009 at 10:49 PM.

Yes - the cards sold in 7-11 have international calling capability. I'm not sure which the cheapest would be to India. The cards come normally with HK$50 or so of call credit and you can then buy recharge vouchers in 7-11 to top them up.

You don't need roaming unless you plan to use the card elsewhere, but I think most of these cards do roam as well if you wish.