Wardrobe rework-ladies tailor for remaking worn out stuff

Closed Thread

Wardrobe rework-ladies tailor for remaking worn out stuff

I need a coat and some dresses copied. They have finally given up the ghost and need to be remade. I have the fabric but have not found the tailor. I want some reasonable and fast and in HK. I am American and do feel like getting a visa to get a dress made. This could also be an outing for some one like me who needs stuff remade but is bored too.

Colette

I have a majority of my rework stuff done at either:

New Superfit Fashions on the ground floor of Tsim Sha Shui Mansions on Nathan Rd in TST (by Malik)

and/or

Chinese Custom Fit Tailors on Hankow Rd in TST (by Ricky)

These shops are run two brothers ... one brother owns one shop and another owns the other. When on shop is busy I tend to just go to the other.

The rework stuff fits better than the original because the rework is cut to suit my shape ... I tend to get items back within a few days to a week.

thank you

A few more questions

What is the average price?

Are they english speaking?

And can they do a bunch of stuff at one time?

Other than fabric what does the client have to supply zippers, buttons, hooks, piping?

Thank you
    colette

The price depends on the complexity and details of the items you have reworked.

Yes, English-speaking

They have all necessary things but if you want you can also supply

I have given them a bunch of stuff at the same time and not had a problem.

Alterations

3rd floor of WordlWide Plaza in Central, atop Central MTR station. Forgot the shop number - could be 347, a small shop around the back. The girl does better work than other places, because she even makes clothes herself. She does laterations but may not be interested to custom make to order.

thank you

Very informative I think I will check the TST location out and maybe go to worldwide house.

Colette

Quote Originally Posted by MYM:
    3rd floor of WordlWide Plaza in Central, atop Central MTR station. Forgot the shop number - could be 347, a small shop around the back. The girl does better work than other places, because she even makes clothes herself. She does laterations but may not be interested to custom make to order.
    Thanks for the tip - Ms Angela is still there - you were right, Shop 347 - in her 27th year of operations!

Best - Ron

Colette,

Who did you end up using for alterations? I need two silk dresses, one taken in, the other taken up. Also, what was the price for some of your items?

Thanks for the info! Kowloon side or HK side is fine.

Cloud9