Adding subtitles to a DVD

Closed Thread

Question Adding subtitles to a DVD

So I got a Mandarin language DVD with chinese subtitles, and the English subtitles in a seperate .srt file. Now whats the easiest way to add/sync the English subs to the movie? Anyone have experience with this?

I think you can do it with VLC .... google how to merge the subtitles then recode the DVD.

VideoLAN - Free Software and Open Source video streaming solution for every OS!

cool, thanks. I used to use VLC, now using KMPlayer. Maybe time to switch back!

VLC will do it. Put them in the same folder with the same name and open the folder in VLC

You can also use the file, open, command and one of the dialogue boxes allows you to specify the subtitles track.

mplayer will do it aswell linux/windows, just use mplayer "movie" -sub subtitle.srt from the command line. Or you can use mencoder to rip encode and hard code them into a xvid, but that is of course if you are using a computer to watch your movies. If you have a lcd tv just plug your laptop in via s-video. Or if your dvd supports dvix or xvid you can burn to a rw disc.