Media centre computer

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by HKNewBi
    The shops in Wanchai 188 were telling me that there is no stock of PS3 80 Gb in HK at the moment. Do you know how much they cost?

I have a PS2 so backward compatibility isn't really a big deal.
    i don't think ps3 80gb is at all available in hk.

in the states its going for around US$569 with a game (motorstorm).

fyi the 40gb is selling for US$400.

They do I saw the 80 at Sham Shui Po a couple of weeks ago for $3200 US import I think it was the last one they had.

I can't be much help with the location in Golden as that place is a bit confusing to me, but I do know it is on the floor you walk up the stairs not down when you enter from the MTR station exit. You will see a bunch of stores that sell games,consoles, they are all in the one area of golden. There is a directory on each floor look for that, or ask the security person on that floor.

Hey pin was that controller a dual shock? Seems very cheap from HMV, HKNewBi make sure you get a dual shock, not all games support the vibration but it is worth having. You will need to buy a HDMI cable as well if you plan on using HDMI, I have seen some really cheap ones in Golden. Any brand will do, as it is a digital signal with error correction. I got mine for $99 1.5M from Tang Computer & Digital at Sham Shui Po which is on the next level above Star Star.

Quote Originally Posted by aussben
    They do I saw the 80 at Sham Shui Po a couple of weeks ago for $3200 US import I think it was the last one they had.

I can't be much help with the location in Golden as that place is a bit confusing to me, but I do know it is on the floor you walk up the stairs not down when you enter from the MTR station exit. You will see a bunch of stores that sell games,consoles, they are all in the one area of golden. There is a directory on each floor look for that, or ask the security person on that floor.

Hey pin was that controller a dual shock? Seems very cheap from HMV, HKNewBi make sure you get a dual shock, not all games support the vibration but it is worth having. You will need to buy a HDMI cable as well if you plan on using HDMI, I have seen some really cheap ones in Golden. Any brand will do, as it is a digital signal with error correction. I got mine for $99 1.5M from Tang Computer & Digital at Sham Shui Po which is on the next level above Star Star.
    Sorry, as in not official release in HK for the 80gb ones (as opposed to grey market imports).

Re controller. It says dual shock, so i'm guessing it is dual shock. the games i have, however don't have vibration. I bought my ps3 from HMV (I had a 1,000 voucher to use up), but the controller i got from Sham Shui Po.

Oh ok yeah no official 80GB's in HK. I have burn out paradise that has the vibration feature, great game and the vibration works really well.

Went to Star Star to get the PS3. Wow, the place is busy shifting PS3's!

$2880 seemed to be the price quoted to all the people in there when I was there.

Now I need to figure out setting up the uPNP server!

Thanks for all the advice everyone.

No problems glad I could help, if you are using windows it will take 2mins to setup your uPNP server.

Any games anyone would recommend for the PS3?

OK, so I have gone to 'The Green Button' and really not sure what I am supposed to be doing here.

Are there some files I should be downloading???

Any hints, tips really appreciated!

Thanks

to get the uPNP server working? Are you using windows?

Windows XP

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast