internet and tv

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

internet and tv

HI,

anyone have a suggestion for best internet service provider in HK- reliable and reasonable. Would be great to get a package with tv/cable that has some sports/movie channels etc. we are in Happy valley

Thanks
    ES

is now tv really bad? in what ways? i have read negative reviews. also- is i-cable internet unreliable? are there other options for a combo?
    Thanks

Now cable is fine but not really sure what your concerns are?

No other options .. Now TV or I-Cable. Take your pick ...

Generally PCCW tends to be much better than I-Cable.

Lets face the reality, that you're not going to get enterprise grade services for $199 or so a month. In this case, it is usually picking the less incompetent provider - which is PCCW.

If you want another alternative... Try HGC Broadband for internet (have no problems with it)

tv wise as mentioned above we dont have much choice therefore nowtv over cable for me

any ideas on how i can get internet at home without an 18/24 month contract? I might only need it for another 6.

Mike try some of the small providers like Netfront Internet Services - they'll charge a setup fee for short term contracts, but you can get out with one month's notice.

thanks all

pccw seems better and cheaper- but the tv looks bad. i am quite keen on some of the pay channels on icable- particularly sport ones- nowtv has a big expensive sport package with about ten channels, but you get random sporting events. does anyone know if icable internet service is good in happy valley specifically?

Quote Originally Posted by KnowItAll:
    Mike try some of the small providers like Netfront Internet Services - they'll charge a setup fee for short term contracts, but you can get out with one month's notice.
    ok, great, I didn't know smaller providers even existed. that one looks alright, but i'm a bit weary about prepaying 6 months. have you used their service before?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast