DELL Monitor Repair - Please Help!!!

DELL Monitor Repair - Please Help!!!

Hi there,

I just moved here from Canada and I was unable to transfer the warranty on my Dell Flatpanel Monitor (30 Inches). It is not working since being shipped by Fed Ex a few days back.

I'm hoping that someone can suggest a repair person or shop that could handle a Dell monitor.

Thanks in advance,
    James

Tough one .. whats wrong? Screen or something else?

Sorry for the late reply. The screen is physically fine, but when I turn it on, everything is scrambled. It seems that the internal structure was damaged in the trip over. I would need someone who could open it and make the repairs.
    Any ideas of who/where I could fix this? Dell is way too expensive - almost the same price as buying a new one.
    Thanks,
    Sean

Er, shouldn't Fedex be sorting this out if they broke it?

We're not able to prove that fact unfortunately since the box was not damaged.

What have you plugged into the Dell Monitor? Your computer I assume? Or another video source?

I've tried it with two different systems and the result in the same. Also, it doesn't function properly in the test mode.

If Dell are charging almost as much as the replacement costs then there are a couple of other options. In most neighbourhoods there is a repair guy with a small shop or often just a painted sign with a mobile phone no. propped up on a street corner. You could take it to someone like that and they can probably fix it if it is just some loose wires etc. Alternatively there are some shops on the higher floors of 298 Computer Centre (298 Hennessy Rd, Wan Chai) that do repairs. I've never used them so I can't vouch for the quality of work but it might be worth a try.