Netvigator users, is your port 80 open?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Question Netvigator users, is your port 80 open?

For the technically inclined on Netvigator DSL: is your port 80 open? I've done nmap scans from remote servers on my own IP addresses, and all is as expected, except for port 80. I've also done quite a bit of troubleshooting, going as far as telnetting into my Tomato-based router and doing a netstat -a output. I receive the following:

Code:
    Active Internet connections (servers and established)
    Proto Recv-Q Send-Q Local Address           Foreign Address         State
    tcp        0      0 *:domain                *:*                     LISTEN
    tcp        0      0 *:telnet                *:*                     LISTEN
    tcp        0      0 *:https                 *:*                     LISTEN
    tcp        0    302 192.168.1.1:telnet      192.168.1.11:3991       ESTABLISHED
    udp        0      0 *:2048                  *:*
    udp        0      0 localhost:34954         *:*
    udp        0      0 *:domain                *:*
    udp        0      0 *:bootps                *:*
    raw        0      0 *:255                   *:*                     0
    So, I'm really stumped here. Only nmap and telnet 80 show the port open. But the web-based port tests show it is closed. Even stranger, telnet 80 only works from the WAN. Can anyone provide clarification? I was thinking maybe the modem. Thanks.
    Last edited by buckshot; 09-03-2008 at 03:12 AM.

Afaik, Netvigator filters 80. My firewall tarpits all unused ports, and some ports appear to have their connections dropped when I run a scan, so those would logically have to be filtered by them.

These:
    Active Internet connections (servers and established)
    Proto Recv-Q Send-Q Local Address Foreign Address State
    tcp 0 0 *:domain *:* LISTEN
    tcp 0 0 *:telnet *:* LISTEN
    tcp 0 0 *:https *:* LISTEN
    tcp 0 302 192.168.1.1:telnet 192.168.1.11:3991 ESTABLISHED
    udp 0 0 *:2048 *:*
    udp 0 0 localhost:34954 *:*
    udp 0 0 *:domain *:*
    udp 0 0 *:bootps *:*
    raw 0 0 *:255 *:*

is the IP stack of your router and its listeners on your router not your ACLs and IFW Policy.

Netvigator blocks port 80. Sign up with Netfront and get their 1 fixed IP service.

Quote Originally Posted by hk.com:
    These:
    is the IP stack of your router and its listeners on your router not your ACLs and IFW Policy.

Netvigator blocks port 80. Sign up with Netfront and get their 1 fixed IP service.
    It still shouldn't show TCP port 80 as open though. In terms of the router settings, I've checked everything. Remote access and wireless web admin are disabled, UPnP is disabled. Router admin is HTTPS on port 443. Port forwarding have ports that are nowhere near 80. I have reset, power cycled, reconfigured, etc.

This is with their 18M service and my modem is the EX7722r+. If someone could post or PM their current IP address, I could do a quick telnet 80 to validate this. Thanks for the input.
    Last edited by buckshot; 09-03-2008 at 12:27 PM.

it doesn't show it is open.

Either way open or not, Netvigator block it.

Yeah, it's not a big deal really. But I'm curious why it would be open from the outside. My only guess is that it's some kind of port for network management. Or, it's just a dummy daemon. Oh well, thanks for your replies.

inaccessible url sites in china

sorry i hv to make a little detour. was posted to hangzhou by my office and per my findings, there are certain website like yahoo.com.hk, singtao.com and livejournal etc that can't be access in china.

if there are any professional out there who can give me a clue of how i can access these sites.

sorry all the proffesionals are on holiday, only us plebs around, you are going to have to wait.

port 80 blocked by Netvigator

As I understand from PCCW/Netvigator, apparently there was some virus/exploit on port 80 some time ago, so they blocked the port. Also prevents you hosting a webpage on port 80 on your own PC. If you are playing around you can try configuring your own webserver on port 8080 or something.

[off topic] To get access to yahoo etc from China - you might checkout proxy servers. Public Proxy Servers

I also have the EX7722r+ modem and was wondering if there is a way I can use both my PS3 and laptop to connect to the internet at the same time? At the moment, if my laptop is using the internet I cannot connect with my PS3 and vice versa. Thanks.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast