modded japanese wii from Sham Shui Po

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

modded japanese wii from Sham Shui Po

Hey!

I really need some help, very confused about this. I bought a modded japanese wii in Sham Shui Po at the golden shopping center during Christmas in 2007 (and have not updated my mod chip or wiikey, not sure what mod chip i have), t. Please answer these questions:

1. Can I get the US version Super smash bros. brawl there?

2. Do I have to bring my wii to SHam shui Po to update my wiikey to play Super smash bros. brawl (us Version)?

3. how much more is the US version Super smash bros. brawl than the japenese version?

4. Can i update my wiikey or mod chip myself? how?

Thanks

am i not supposed to post this here?

Did you find out if Super Smash Brothers plays on your Wii?

I'm in a similar situation. I've got a modded Japanese Wii and would like to get hold of Super Smash Brothers.

I can confirm that a modded Japanese wii is able to play US version games (stolen versions and original).

Quote Originally Posted by chimo
    (stolen versions and original).
    Why would larceny affect whether the game plays or not?

Cheers for the confirmation, Chimo.

To MrMoo, From what I've heard, if you have a modded wii and try to play original games on it, complications might arise. E.g. the original game could have a software update which might brick a modded wii.

i just went to sham shui po today.
    They said that I couldn't play SSBB yet. Not the japanese or american version. fake or real. He said that I needed to wait for the update. But i've heard that the wiikey update 1.9 lets it play the game. I really confused. I'm not sure what version my wiikey is can anyone tell me how I can find out? do i have to break my wii open? is there another way?

Quote Originally Posted by crazidan
    i just went to sham shui po today.
    They said that I couldn't play SSBB yet. Not the japanese or american version. fake or real. He said that I needed to wait for the update. But i've heard that the wiikey update 1.9 lets it play the game. I really confused. I'm not sure what version my wiikey is can anyone tell me how I can find out? do i have to break my wii open? is there another way?

Since you arent sure what chip it is, only way to know is to open it up. Then go from there.

no, i already know what mod chip it is. it's a wiikey. thats what they sold.

crazidan: From what I've read Super Smash Brothers is a dual layer disc and the latest firmware update for the Wiikey (1.9s) will let you play dual layer games.

To check your version of the Wiikey you could download the latest update onto a dvd and then when you run it on your wii you can check which version you have through the wiikey's menu system.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast