Like Tree14Likes

Just got BURNED by Cotax!

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quote Original Post:
    Wow, tough crowd. So many smart and perfect people, I feel inferior.
    You have to admit there is something a little fishy about this story.

25 yrs in hk, so the guy is not a kid and is experienced in photography having dealt with this shop for years.

He is "conned" into buying what sounds like a very expensive piece of kit. He had no idea of the price before he buys, yet an hour later he seems to have done the research he should have done before buying, and finds it's cheaper elsewhere.

For this really expensive lens he does not ask for a receipt? How likely is that?

Also without a receipt there is no way he can prove to anyone, let alone this board, that he is really telling the truth.

To me this story, and first time post, does not add up.

We are not being tough here as joy suggests, just a little cynical maybe, and logical.

Quote Original Post:
    For this really expensive lens he does not ask for a receipt? How likely is that?
    I also call BS on the OPs post, NO RECEIPT??? Hows his warranty going to work then

jgl

Quote Original Post:

25 yrs in hk, so the guy is not a kid and is experienced in photography having dealt with this shop for years.

<snip>

We are not being tough here as joy suggests, just a little cynical maybe, and logical.
    And on top of that, an account that was created 6 years ago, and this is his first post? Something very weird going on here. Who on earth creates dummy accounts and then activates them after six years?

Quote Original Post:
    And on top of that, an account that was created 6 years ago, and this is his first post? Something very weird going on here. Who on earth creates dummy accounts and then activates them after six years?
    I've seen odd stuff like it.

A guy suddenly activates a 3 year old account with, "Hey, anyone know where I can get a xxxx that's great value and quality?"....Very next post is a newly activated two year old account, "Why yes, I'm glad you asked! Be sure to make your next purchase from xxxx Ltd. They were friendly and great value!"...

Often, I and others try to get in before the second guy, it's very funny when it's timed right...
    Fiona in HKG likes this.

I smell troll, the most expensive Tamron SLR lens (70-200 2.8 VC) on the market can be bought around 12k. Around the same you would pay at adorama/bh (US$1500)

Quote Original Post:
    I also call BS on the OPs post, NO RECEIPT??? Hows his warranty going to work then
    Special price, no warranty lah.

Quote Original Post:
    Special price, no warranty lah.
    Must be one of the items that accidently fell off a back of a truck then LOL

Quote Original Post:

He is "conned" into buying what sounds like a very expensive piece of kit. He had no idea of the price before he buys, yet an hour later he seems to have done the research he should have done before buying, and finds it's cheaper elsewhere.

Also without a receipt there is no way he can prove to anyone, let alone this board, that he is really telling the truth.

agree....but what is his motive?

Quote Original Post:
    Probably won't find out now...

I suspect one of three things:

1.) Grudge against shop

2.) He's the owner of a website where you can buy cut-price camera equipment!

3.) The poor sap was telling the truth!

Quote Original Post:
    Whatever his motive I think that his first post here goes down as a massive fail!

I don't think his second post will be advertising his new camera shop.