For the engineers on this site

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

For the engineers on this site

We are being advised to buy such a self-condensing cooler since it doesn't require any exhaust/connection to drain the heat when cooling our room.

I find this a bit funny since i always thought that any cooling equipment that cools down your room will inherently heat up the temperature of some air somewhere else (i.e. at the back of the cooler, outside if you put an exhaust pipe, etc).

Somehow this does not seem to be the case here, or am i missing something? How does it work?

http://www.germanpool.net/manuals/ac-mac_15.pdf

(ps: no, a regular aircon is not an option for us)

Looks like that unit you linked has an exhaust pipe for the a/c mode.

Quote Originally Posted by cookie09
    I used to use the portable AC many years ago when I had a room with no windows, you had to hook up the pipe at the back to get rid off the exhaust or else using it was useless as the front would pump out cold air while the back would pump out hot air, so I had to leave my room door slightly open to let the hose pipe out and point it towards the toilet with its Exhaust fan on to get rid of the hot air.

If you dont want to use this then you should get a split type ac and leave the condenser outside, they should be able to pipe the pipping through the walls.

Quote Originally Posted by wtbhotia
    If you dont want to use this then you should get a split type ac and leave the condenser outside, they should be able to pipe the pipping through the walls.
    unfortunately not an option

Quote Originally Posted by wtbhotia
    I used to use the portable AC many years ago when I had a room with no windows, you had to hook up the pipe at the back to get rid off the exhaust or else using it was useless as the front would pump out cold air while the back would pump out hot air, so I had to leave my room door slightly open to let the hose pipe out and point it towards the toilet with its Exhaust fan on to get rid of the hot air.
    that's exactly what i was thinking to do, but then this model above was suggested: 50% more expensive since "you don't need this pipe/exhaust"...

Quote Originally Posted by TheBrit
    Looks like that unit you linked has an exhaust pipe for the a/c mode.
    yeah i saw that but it's not clear you must use it to cool. at least that's not how i read it in the english text

yeah i saw that but it's not clear you must use it to cool. at least that's not how i read it in the english text
    Maybe it breaks the laws of thermodynamics then

Quote Originally Posted by TheBrit
    Maybe it breaks the laws of thermodynamics then
    you tell me! ;-)

If you use AC mode then you have to use the HOSE to get rid of the hot exhaust, there is NO AC unit that doesnt have hot air coming out the back.

The manual you linked would appear to indicate that you have to attach the hose to a window or similar to allow it to vent.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast