anyone good with TVs? flashing red light.....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

anyone good with TVs? flashing red light.....

Anyone know what the problem is with a TV if it keeps flashing the power light whenever i try to turn it on?

I searched online and it said to change the capacitors if its bubbled up or damaged but they all look fine, so i have no idea whats wrong with it now. Any ideas?

Have you tried unplugging it from the mains, leaving it for 15 seconds, then plugging it back in? My Sony Bravia gets in that mode ocassionally (probably due to glitches in the mains power).

You've had the back off?

*edit* I 2nd what Grunty said, but if you've had the back off I assume you had the power off!!

Last edited by INXS; 24-05-2013 at 11:16 PM.

don't listen to grunt...it's utter rubbish. your problem lies with the transformer which is just behind the socket on your TV. as there are many different types, just take it out and go to your TV Service center and buy a new one. Alternatively of course you can call the service centre and they will handle it for you for a fee.

Quote Originally Posted by cokezero
    don't listen to grunt...it's utter rubbish. your problem lies with the transformer which is just behind the socket on your TV. as there are many different types, just take it out and go to your TV Service center and buy a new one. Alternatively of course you can call the service centre and they will handle it for you for a fee.
    thanks, im not sure what the transformer looks like....would it be possible if u find a pic on google and post it on here please?

just tell me the Brand and Model Number from your TV and i will post it for you.

samsung LA22A350C1

u seem to know your stuff about TVs so u might be able to help me with another problem. This is on another TV, any idea why the HDMI ports are not working? its not connecting to any of the devices. The thunderstorm the other night damaged a few things at my house lol

Angry Insurance cover???

Quote Originally Posted by AndyHo10
    samsung LA22A350C1

u seem to know your stuff about TVs so u might be able to help me with another problem. This is on another TV, any idea why the HDMI ports are not working? its not connecting to any of the devices. The thunderstorm the other night damaged a few things at my house lol
    Why are you consulting your INSURANCE POLICIES to see if such damage is covered?

Quote Originally Posted by AndyHo10
    samsung LA22A350C1

http://www.lcdparts.net/TransformerD...ProductID=3708

Quote Originally Posted by GreenCatalonia
    Why are you consulting your INSURANCE POLICIES to see if such damage is covered?
    if i had insurance i wouldnt be on here asking for help

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast