anyone good with TVs? flashing red light.....

Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
  1. #1

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    71

    anyone good with TVs? flashing red light.....

    Anyone know what the problem is with a TV if it keeps flashing the power light whenever i try to turn it on?

    I searched online and it said to change the capacitors if its bubbled up or damaged but they all look fine, so i have no idea whats wrong with it now. Any ideas?


  2. #2

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    4,835

    Have you tried unplugging it from the mains, leaving it for 15 seconds, then plugging it back in? My Sony Bravia gets in that mode ocassionally (probably due to glitches in the mains power).


  3. #3

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    3,473

    You've had the back off?

    *edit* I 2nd what Grunty said, but if you've had the back off I assume you had the power off!!

    Last edited by INXS; 24-05-2013 at 11:16 PM.

  4. #4

    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    80

    don't listen to grunt...it's utter rubbish. your problem lies with the transformer which is just behind the socket on your TV. as there are many different types, just take it out and go to your TV Service center and buy a new one. Alternatively of course you can call the service centre and they will handle it for you for a fee.


  5. #5

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    71
    Quote Originally Posted by cokezero
    don't listen to grunt...it's utter rubbish. your problem lies with the transformer which is just behind the socket on your TV. as there are many different types, just take it out and go to your TV Service center and buy a new one. Alternatively of course you can call the service centre and they will handle it for you for a fee.
    thanks, im not sure what the transformer looks like....would it be possible if u find a pic on google and post it on here please?

  6. #6

    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    80

    just tell me the Brand and Model Number from your TV and i will post it for you.


  7. #7

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    71

    samsung LA22A350C1

    u seem to know your stuff about TVs so u might be able to help me with another problem. This is on another TV, any idea why the HDMI ports are not working? its not connecting to any of the devices. The thunderstorm the other night damaged a few things at my house lol


  8. #8

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    905

    Angry Insurance cover???

    Quote Originally Posted by AndyHo10
    samsung LA22A350C1

    u seem to know your stuff about TVs so u might be able to help me with another problem. This is on another TV, any idea why the HDMI ports are not working? its not connecting to any of the devices. The thunderstorm the other night damaged a few things at my house lol
    Why are you consulting your INSURANCE POLICIES to see if such damage is covered?

  9. #9

    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    80
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyHo10
    samsung LA22A350C1

    u seem to know your stuff about TVs so u might be able to help me with another problem. This is on another TV, any idea why the HDMI ports are not working? its not connecting to any of the devices. The thunderstorm the other night damaged a few things at my house lol
    http://www.lcdparts.net/TransformerD...ProductID=3708

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    71
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenCatalonia
    Why are you consulting your INSURANCE POLICIES to see if such damage is covered?
    if i had insurance i wouldnt be on here asking for help

Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast