Apple iTunes Store in HK

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Hi

I know this is an old thread, but kind of relates to what I'm trying to find out.

Seems that a bunch of Apps for Iphone are not available on the Itunes store in HK (like for example Shazam). Is it the case that I'm not searching correctly, or they are not available in HK?

If it is the later case, is there any way of me getting these apps in HK?

I do have a UK credit card that I could use if need be.

Some applications are really not available from the itunes Hong Kong store. Mr. Elle has an UK store account, I have a HK store account - he has the ebay application, I can't get it as it is not available at the Hong Kong store. I had to settle for iRibbit - a third party ebay application - instead.
    Not sure whether it is possible or not to have 2 accounts....

OK, so I changed my user details to a UK account, which is fine.

But when I try doing OTA downloads, no loving. I will have to wait until I get home to sync up my Iphone to Itunes to see how it works at home.

Incidentally I was also able to set up a US account, without having to provide any credit card information.

after all these years, itunes store (with music / video), still not available in HKG. and then the record companies spend $$$ catching/prosecuting online pirates....doesn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by thk:
    doesn't make sense.
    Lawyers and greedy business tycoons agreeing on things? That doesn't make sense either, hence the situation today and the RealDVD drama currently playing in the states.

As suggested by the iPhone discussions in China, Chinese companies really do not want to profit share with anyone. Even though HK music retails significantly less than US and JP tunes they don't understand and try the new business model from Apple.
    Last edited by MrMoo; 30-04-2009 at 06:20 PM.