Apple iTunes Store in HK

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Apple iTunes Store in HK

Hi,

Just spoke to somebody this morning at Apple to find out about any workarounds for getting the new iPod apps on my iPod.

The agent told me that the iTunes store is officially launching in four to six weeks in Hong Kong!

That is very good news indeed for many of us.

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

Say it ain't true!?!?!

bounce:dance2:

Good to know. There is also a workaround for anyone who has a credit card issued by a bank in one of the countries where it is already launched (basically North America, W Europe, Australia, NZ and Japan). It doesn't matter if the registered address on that card is in Hong Kong.

I was under the impression that HMV in Elements had installed pods where you could download music onto your iPod as well as some applications.
    Not sure what applications they included though.
    What apps in particular are you looking for?

Quote Originally Posted by Lammarite
    I
    Not sure what applications they included though.
    What apps in particular are you looking for?
    Apple Mail and Google Maps.
    The triangulation thing looks wicked.

Quote Originally Posted by PDLM
    Good to know. There is also a workaround for anyone who has a credit card issued by a bank in one of the countries where it is already launched (basically North America, W Europe, Australia, NZ and Japan). It doesn't matter if the registered address on that card is in Hong Kong.
    It hasn't been working for us: our American mastercard was refused on the grounds that our address was overseas, and so was my French visa.

Well yes - but what address did you enter? If you entered your HK address then yes it would be refused! Read my blog again - you just enter any address in the country of issue of the card. With the possible exception of US-issued cards, where they may be able to verify the zip code, card processors have no way at all of verifying cardholder addresses.

We entered our old American/French addresses respectively and it said "this is not the address we have on record for your card" or something like that. Oddly enough, even my American Paypal account didn't work.
    If you're really desperate for a card, you can buy them on Ebay- you have to pay a bit extra than the card and they email you the activation code.

That's very interesting - it has worked fine for me with two different UK issued cards (one NatWest and one HSBC Jersey), and the credit card processors that we use in my work (one is Chase Manhattan's and the other is RBOS's) say that they have no way of validating addresses outside the US. Curiouser and curiouser...

Good news, hopefully Canto songs eventually wil have an online store eventually. I doubt it tho, they are always slow on technology.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast