Good Internet Provider for Kam Ying Court

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Good Internet Provider for Kam Ying Court

Hello,

I just moved to Kam Ying Court and I am looking for a good fixed line broadband provider in the area. (Right now I am using my Vodaphone mobile broadband).

Does anyone have any suggestions? I used HGC for my fixed line service, but they don't have service in my area so I was able to break my contract with them.

This is kind of good because HGC has been really hit or miss sometimes. Lately it's been a miss.

What is a good reliable Internet provider for my area? I know that PCCW is the company that actually provides fiber in my area...should I just go with them or should I consider an ISP like Netvigator?

Pretty much I am looking for a broadband ISP with the best connectivity to U.S. based websites.

start here HKIX

Quote Originally Posted by hk.com
    start here HKIX
    I didn't request a list of all the Internet providers in Hong Kong. I requested which one has GOOD CONNECTIVITY to the United States.

>> GOOD CONNECTIVITY to the United States.

people recommend

PCCW/Netvigator

Netvigator is owned by PCCW, and is often the best choice for folks. There are several ISPs like Netfront etc who will offer broadband, over PCCW lines.

>>offer broadband, over PCCW lines.

only a short phone line section i think,
    they have their own lines

Quote Originally Posted by Vrindavan
    >>offer broadband, over PCCW lines.

only a short phone line section i think,
    they have their own lines
    Eh? Netfront use the PCCW cables all the way from the customer's premises back to the PCCW exchange building. I'm not sure whether they also use PCCW's DSL equipment, but I know that Sonet (Sony's ISP) certainly used to. It breaks out to Netfront at PCCW's exchange and they then have their own connections to the HKIX and elsewhere, and their own mail servers etc.

Thanks guys! I am going with PCCW

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by IceAIM
    Hello,

I just moved to Kam Ying Court and I am looking for a good fixed line broadband provider in the area. (Right now I am using my Vodaphone mobile broadband).

Does anyone have any suggestions? I used HGC for my fixed line service, but they don't have service in my area so I was able to break my contract with them.

This is kind of good because HGC has been really hit or miss sometimes. Lately it's been a miss.

What is a good reliable Internet provider for my area? I know that PCCW is the company that actually provides fiber in my area...should I just go with them or should I consider an ISP like Netvigator?

Pretty much I am looking for a broadband ISP with the best connectivity to U.S. based websites.
    Hi folks, how come do you wanna switch the mobile broadband to fixed broadband? I am currently using the Vodafone mobile broadband which is same as the one you use. It's absolutely convenient in my point of view...and I don't have to pay extra money for fixed broadband. So, my suggestion is...keep using your mobile broadband at your new home.

Okay,

I got my PCCW Netvigator Internet installed. I got the Now broadband TV service for FREE too!

Unfortunately in my area the fastest Internet speed is 6 megabits down (Which is what I selected). Should I assume that this means that HD channels and service via broadband TV will not be available until faster Internet speeds are available in my building?

Even the standard definition of Now broadband TV looks great. It's a lot better than I excepted actually. It looks much better than VCDs, though not as good as DVD.

Also I am not terminating my Vodaphone wireless. I still use it when I am outside, but it's not suitable as a fixed line broadband connection due to contractual limitations.

Last edited by IceAIM; 26-04-2008 at 07:43 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast